Breaking News - Bomb Threat

Bomb Threat
@Marcyaz (35695)
This is breaking news right now Dec. 15th, 2015 as there is a Bomb Threat for the Los Angeles school system and the Charter schools in that area. The parents were informed of this via text messages and phone calls. The authorities consider this a credible threat. This is impacting 640,000 students and their teachers. There was also a bomb threat made in New York but the authorities in New York do not consider this a credible threat. If someone makes a bomb threat I would want the authorities to close the school rather then have someone be blown up and it is only one day of school lost which can be made up. How do you feel about this?
I just wrote about this too - because it is our school district and we are living it! Hoax or not, we don't know - but I'd rather we all keep our families safe. I support the decision to close the schools - but I wish they had communicated this to everyone better and in a timely manner. We were supposed to have our holiday program today - what terrible timing, but yah, better to be safe than sorry.
@Marcyaz (35695)
I heard that they let the parents know as soon as the decision was made to close the schools. They can have the Holiday program another day as it is better to be safe then sorry.
@sugartoes (40025)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@much2say did they ever find the person that did this or what was the deal on this ??
@Marcyaz (35695)
@sugartoes I haven't heard if they caught someone or not.
Better safe than sorry as the saying goes.
@Marcyaz (35695)
@maluse I agree we would rather be safe than sorry.
@Marcyaz It is always better to be safe than sorry. Especially with the life of children.
@Marcyaz (35695)
@jstory07 It is better when their are lives at stake to take precations like the Los Angeles authorities did.
I am afraid that some people are doing this as an hoax and enjoying it.
@Marcyaz (35695)
Hoax or not we must not take any chances with childrens lives or anyones lives.
@moffittjc (42093)
• Gainesville, Florida
Our local schools in my community get 3-4 bomb threats a year, usually around exam time, and it is always kids who are playing a hoax trying to get out of taking exams. It's a shame, because our police force takes each threat very seriously, so not only does it disrupt the school day, but it takes a tremendous amount of resources to respond to these threats. Luckily, our police department has been able to catch the perpetrators every time, and they actually charge them for the costs of the response. So, not only are these pranksters charged with a crime, but in addition they face financial penalties.
@sugartoes (40025)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@moffittjc serves them RIGHT they SHOULD be charged for doing pranks that cost the tax payer money every time someone does something like this. they NEED to be sent to a detention school & put in a police car to ride around with them to SEE what they deal with everyday & stuck behind bars for a few mos to teach them a lesson. I understand kids will be kids but when it comes to peoples lives they should KNOW BETTER & taught a lesson & not just slapped on the wrist for their shananakins
@Marcyaz (35695)
The young man who called in a bomb threat to the high school here has been in observation for mental health for about a month now and will spend more time than and then he will have to pay $19,000 for that prank because the bomb squad had to come in and they even had dogs sniffing plus the school had to be evacuated and the children and teachers were sent out of the building then on top of that he may be sent to a correctional facility. So I think he may have learned a lesson from this.
@Marcyaz (35695)
@sugartoes I agree with everything you have said.
Yes it is a very sick joke.Not funny at all.Why do they do this?attention?
@Marcyaz (35695)
I guess they have nothing better to do than play their silly games. Well guess what, when they are caught it will no longer be a laughing matter to them.
@sugartoes (40025)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Marcyaz If I was a judge & had someone do this come into MY COURT ROOM no they wpouldn'[t think it was funny at all cause I'd make SURE they knew it wasn't funny
@Marcyaz (35695)
@sugartoes Agreed they need to be hard on these people.
• Pleasant Hill, California
It turned out to be a hoax. (Hope they catch the perps.) I heard on the news that LA's proximity to San Bernadino may have made them more likely to take immediate action.
@Marcyaz (35695)
Yep that is true they did say that because of San Bernadino.
Treat it as credible until you know otherwise.
@Marcyaz (35695)
@just4him That is exactly right because until it happens or doesn't happen you won't know.
Yes this was just what they like to do is terrorize people.
@Marcyaz (35695)
We can only hope that they will be caught and dealt with@TiarasOceanView
@alberello75 (17152)
• Genova, Italy
Well my opinion is favorable to the fact that it is always better to move ahead, in fact, better to skip a day of school, rather than avoid indelible tragedies.
• Preston, England
it is better to be safe rather than sorry - hope they get the creep who called it in even if it is a hoax
A very sick joke but some people think it is funny when they do things like this.
@sugartoes (40025)
• Greencastle, Indiana
I read the replies below & found it to be a hoax thank god but now it has me SPITTING mad at the very ones that did this I don't know what the ?? they were thinking oh wait a min? they WEREN'T thinking is the whole point so on that note they need to be taught what it's like to have the LIVING ? scared out of them for doing such a thing just to pull a prank as such.