The year I found my unwrapped present.

I am sitting here in all of my procrastinating glory thinking I had better wrap this present for my nephew. He will be here this weekend and he loves to come play video games with his auntique. Yes, that is what he calls me. "Auntique" as in antique. He thinks he's just so funny. Anyway if I don't get this wrapped he will end up seeing what I got him for his christmas present. It reminded me of a time when I came across my Christmas present from my grandmother. She bought me a roly poly organizer that I had admired. Of course I never ended up using it, or if I did it wasn't for very long. She tried to play it off as if it was for someone else. I knew it wasn't, and was right when I opened my presents that Christmas. I am sure we have all gone snooping, but this particular time was innoncent enough. I was looking for Christmas tags and knew there was some in that particular closet.
@kaka135 (13992)
Auntique is a good name to call! I have never experience that, but there were several times I wanted to crochet something for my son secretly, and he actually found it before I gave it to him. He didn't tell me until I gave the finished product to him. It was supposed to be a surprise for him.
oh no! Well he was good enough to wait until you gaveit to him atleast! I think he probably did not want you to feel bad about it!
@katsmeow1213 (29029)
I was a very naive child. There was one time my mother went shopping for me and left me in the car while she shopped and it never occured to me that she was Christmas shopping. It wasn't something I'd even thought of until literally the other day as I was wrapping presents and that's when it dawned on me that she had actually been Christmas shopping and I never realized it.
I bet you were just lost in your own little world, and didn't care as long as you were not bored. I can't say I was always clever, I am sure there were times I was brought along for xmas shopping and was none the wiser.
@Platespinner (16532)
One year my brothers and I found the Christmas presents before they were wrapped (I couldn't have been more than 4 or 5 so the brothers would have been 7 or 8). I don't know what my parents did but not a single one of those presents turned up on Christmas morning.
I hope it wasn't things you really did want! That would have been awful to get your hopes up and then they be gone. I suppose they either returned them and got others or exchanged them with families that had kids around the same age?
lol good luck, that's one thing I still have to do to is wrap presents.
I am hoping that they will be happy with the gifts this year. Though I spent the same amount on each of them, my nieces present is much smaller. Hoping she'll be impressed by the fact that one is $1.00 in a soap. I try to wrap as I go as I know I"ll end up wrapping presetns for someone else.
@Pattitude (1299)
• Newton, North Carolina
Auntique! - I like that! Sometimes I find presents that I have bought through the year for Christmas and forgot about. I usually find them in the spring and then forget about them till after Christmas, usually the spring!
We are only around 13 years apart. I am 28 whereas he is 15. ofcourse at that age I thought people my age were old. DO you end up giving the gifts as Birthday's instead?
@ScribbledAdNauseum I can't wait that someone calls him antique or will it be uncletique?
@marlina or daddytique even? Nevermind I don't want to think about my nephew having kids, I already feel old enough!
@T_gray (7841)
• Salina, Kansas
I haven't even started wrapping gifts yet. I haven't even finshed buying gifts yet!
I try to get mine done as soon as I possibly can. I hate having to wrap last minute. You also won't find me anywhere near a store starting Monday.
@T_gray (7841)
• Salina, Kansas
@ScribbledAdNauseum Trust me I don't want to be near a store either. I am just having the hardest time thinking of gifts this year
@HazySue (19911)
@ScribbledAdNauseum I used to keep my friends gifts for her boys at my house and my gifts for my girls at her house. It totally confused the kids.
Clever Idea. Keeps the curious kids from really knowing what they were going to get. I wonder what the boys thought if they ever came across one of them! haha
@JESSY3236 (6038)
I used to sneak and try to figure out my presents when we would go to my great-aunt's house on Christmas Eve.
I did my fair share of snooping but not nearly as much as sibilings and cousins.
@LoriAMoore (4851)
Get to wrapping, young lady! :-)
Woke up just a little while ago. I drank a cup of orange juice, looked at the present and said "better get to it." It's wrapped and in the nick of time. My nephew should be here any minute.