My presents for my parents for Christmas

The christmas presents I bought my parents
My parents are so hard to buy presents for because they have everything and anything I buy them they never use. One year I bought them nice beautiful fluffy new towels and they returned them. Their towels were all worn thin and I guess that's how my mom likes they because they dry faster in the dryer. A few years ago I bought them a portrait session with a photographer. They still have the gift certificate and have never gone to have their photos taken. This year after I was with them and we broke down on the highway I was going to buy them a AAA membership for roadside assistance but found out they had already signed up for it right after that. I was pretty stumped at that point what to get them. I found my dad some yummy coffee flavors and creamer that he usually wouldn't splurge on to buy himself. I bought my mom some mascara I know she uses. I am testing out a product by ROC from crowdtap called "Deep Wrinkle Daily Moisturizer". I bought my mother the night cream. I bought them a couple lottery tickets, gum, a pecan log and two gift cards. They are going on vacation for a few months and I thought the gift cards for McDonalds and Burger King would be helpful so they could get something there for breakfast or lunch etc.
@1creekgirl (10307)
You sound like a very thoughtful daughter. It's hard to buy for people who don't really need anything. My mother-in-law is like that too. One year I made up a nice photo album with pictures of our family.
That is a pretty good idea. They have those books you can have printed on snapfish that make photo albums. Sorry this reply took so long. I did not see any of these comments until someone came and commented on this post yesterday.
@1creekgirl (10307)
@shaggin No prob! I love those photo books like on snapfish.
Aww you are too sweet!
Nah I am just average :) Thank you for your comment though. I am sorry it took me so long to reply. I did not see any of these comments until someone left me a comment on this post yesterday.
@Marcyaz (35672)
Some people ae very hard to buy for as they seem to have everything and when you do buy them something they never use it.
That is exactly how it is with my parents. I think this time I got them things that they will like and use though. Sorry it too me so long to reply to your comment. I did not see any of these comments until someone commented on this post yesterday.
@Marcyaz (35672)
@shaggin Good to have found something they will use.
@fishtiger58 (30338)
• Momence, Illinois
Food is a fantastic gift for those who have everything or want nothing. It's something we all need till the day we die. Getting them a food item they would never buy themselves is a great gift idea.
Yes I agree with that. The same with the restaurant gift cards they can go there to get the food they like to eat there. I am sorry it took so long to reply to your comment. I did not see any of these comments on my post until someone commented on this yesterday.
@fishtiger58 (30338)
• Momence, Illinois
@shaggin Not a problem.
That is my kind of gift to receive. That is just what they are going to need.
I would love gifts like this as well. A lot of times I get things that I will never use and I wind up just donating them. I feel bad about wasting their money but I just will never use the things. I'm sorry it has taken me so long to respond I did not see I had all these comments until someone commented yesterday.
Your choices for them sound good. Hope they will utilize them. Some folks are hard to buy for aren't they?
They really are very tough to buy for. I am sorry it took me so long to reply to your comment. I did not see any of these comments until someone left a comment on here yesterday.
@celticeagle LOL I would feel bad giving someone a gift like that.
@shaggin ....Not if you have a good relationship with your folks. If a person is hard to buy for I think this is okay occasionally. Not like it is all the time.
Our son has a hard time buying for us too. But maybe next year you could offer to pay for their roadside membership, and then maybe give them a gift certificate to a restaurant and make reservations for new years eve for them to actually use it.
I am so sorry it took me so long to reply to your comment. I did not see any of these comments until someone commented on my post yesterday. My parents are no longer in a relationship anymore so I will have to buy them separate gifts at Christmas this year.
@patgalca (14356)
• Orangeville, Ontario
We can't buy for my mother anymore. She lives in a residence with a tiny room and needs nothing. I was buying her favorite snack, bite sized Kit Kats, but now my sister says she is eating too much chocolate so no more chocolate for her. We do a white elephant for Christmas but my mother is excluded and my sister buys her a gift that my mother thinks is random but is actually for her and no one is allowed to "steal" it from her. They do become very difficult to buy for when they get older.
Aww that is kind of sad that you aren't able to buy her anything. I can understand why completely but I think I personally would be sad not being able to pick out anything for her. Maybe you can take her out to dinner instead so you can do something to celebrate?
@LoriAMoore (4791)
We buy our parents grocery store gift cards now because people can always use groceries.
That is a great idea! I usually would just give them money instead then they can spend it wherever they want rather then just at the store figuring maybe they will need it for bills. I am sorry it took me so long to respond I did not see any of these comments until someone commented on this post yesterday.
@sallypup (27054)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Very thoughtful gifts for your parents.
Thank you they seemed to like them. I am sorry it took me so long to reply to your comment. I did not see that I had any comments on this post until someone commented yesterday. I am trying to reply to all the comments but mylot seems to be acting up a lot today. I need to get some things done for my sisters baby shower so I need to get off the computer for awhile.
Looks like a lovely bunch of stuff for them Shaggin. I hope this time they will use the stuff you got them dear heart.
I hope that by now they have used and enjoyed the things I bought them. I'm sorry it has taken me so long to respond I did not see I had all these comments until someone commented yesterday.
@Traceyjayne (1114)
sometimes the most practical presents turn out to be the best.
I have bought them laundry detergent and things like that as gifts. Its hard to find them things I know they will like so sometimes its just easier to buy them things I know they can use. Sorry it took me so long to reply to your comment. I did not see any of these comments until now when someone commented on this post yesterday.
@zarlamain (24525)
Nice presents! My parents are very picky about presents, so I try to give them what they want, so that they don't put them away without using them.
I thank you for commenting on this post of mine from January. I had no idea that I had so many comments on this post. Because you have commented on this post I now see how many people probably think that I ignored them. I will have to take time to comment back to them all so they know that it was not on purpose.
@zarlamain (24525)
@shaggin Your post was one of the posts on my right hand side of the site and of all the posts, yours caught my eye because I could relate. You are very good at attracting members to comment, so that explains why your post is so popular. Glad I was of help in helping you realize that there are other comments waiting for replies. Didn't know I could be this helpful. Glad I commented! Thank you!
@zarlamain This post got a lot of comments but a lot of my newer ones don't. I don't know if people are less active here or if people are just sick of me haha.
@carebear29 (28585)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
Nice gifts
Thank you. Crazy how many comments on got on this post and I did not see a notification of it. I just saw yesterday that someone commented on this post and now I see all these ones that I need to reply to.
@carebear29 (28585)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
@shaggin I get that alot. Thats why i scroll thru the comments
@salonga (27993)
Even if they did not use them, I think your kind thoughts were deeply appreciated by your parents. I admire you for being such a thoughtful daughter. Keep up and hope your latest gifts will match their needs.
That is true I put a lot of thought into what I bought and it truly is the thought that counts. I hope they feel the same way. I am sorry it took me so long to respond to this I never saw any of these comments until yesterday when someone commented on this post.
@salonga (27993)
@shaggin It is okay, it is better late than never.
Those are lovely well thought out gifts. Some people are really difficult to buy gifts for.
Thank you for your comment. I am sorry it took me so long to reply. I did not see any of these comments until someone commented on this post yesterday. My parents are very hard to buy for.
@Blondie2222 (21747)
My parents our always hard to buy for also never know what to get. But this year i knew what my dad wanted was a sound bar so all of us girls pitched in and got him that. My mom i just got her jewelry as she loves it and one of her dean koontz book collections
I have read a few Dean Koontz books. Some I like some I don't. I rarely wear jewelry and neither does my mother. She wears it more often I do though. That is lucky that you knew your father wanted a sound bar. It is so much easier when you know what they want so you can get them it. Sorry it took so long to respond to this post. I never knew I got comments on it until someone commented yesterday.
Some people are very hard to buy for. These sound like good presents for your parents. It is a shame they returned the towels.
I'm sorry it has taken me so long to respond I did not see I had all these comments until someone commented yesterday. They are very hard to buy for. My mother now has cholesterol and has to watch what she eats so that makes it even more tough.
What thoughtful gifts! MY mom won't use anything I buy her either. She buys her own gifts and lets me pay for them. I usually get her a purse. This year I also got her a Dutch oven, but it is hefty don't know if we will be able to use it with a lot of food because we can barely lift it. My mom did all her shopping on the internet his past Christmas and didn;t know it would be so heavy!
When my husband was alive that is what we did as well. We used to buy each other gifts but then it always seemed my husband wasn't really happy with what I got him. So I just told him to buy himself what he wanted for Christmas and I would buy myself what I wanted. I preferred just to keep my money and save it up rather then spend it on anything. He would always go out and buy video games etc.
@ricki_911 (19428)
• Toronto, Ontario
I know my parents are rather hard to shop for. I got them a gift card for the lcbo so I know they would use them.
What is the lcbo? That is a good idea. I think gift cards are really handy when you don't know just what to get someone but you want them to enjoy it. I'm sorry it has taken me so long to respond I did not see I had all these comments until someone commented yesterday.