Dollar store product are not all ways a savings

Kingston, New York
Dollar store items are not all ways saving money. Here why? Like the dish soap in the photo to me it feels water down so I have to use more to get the dishes clean. Same thing with bathroom tissue. The dollar store brand cost me more money then if I bought the name brand from the store. One dollar store item I am doing good on is tooth paste. OK have fun.
It is better to buy the good stuff for certain items.
• Kingston, New York
true some time when you spend more money you are some time saving more
Not all things you get from a cheaper store are not always cheaper than somewhere else. That is too bad that things were more expensive for you when you bought them at the dollar store.
• Kingston, New York
with the dollar store product got to use more
@eagletrek2 That is great goingeagle3.
I know, not everything is really worth the little price you pay.
• Kingston, New York
some time it better to buy item from the MLM compines they look high in price but is not.since their dish soap is like on drop . I did use one a while back . But I have to put my money away to save for it.
I have to agree completely with you on the dish wash and the toilet paper, they are not made the same. The long envelops are a good deal but they are .03 cheaper at Walmart. The dish towels are awesome and only $1.00
• Kingston, New York
I just notice the dollar store dish soap is made in USA . No wonder it water down.Yes some of the stuff at the dollar store is good , some is not.
Yes, I agree! Some items at the Dollar Store isn't that great quality or worth the price either. Some items I purchase at the Dollar Store that I believe is worth the prices are: (just to name a few): books, balloons, cards, birthday decorations, wedding decorations, containers, etc.
@amnabas (10310)
• Karachi, Pakistan
After all they are worth a dollar and not more than that.
The only dish soap I buy there is name brands. And toilet tissue I will never buy there. I only by scott.
• Rochester, New York
There are certain things that I won't buy there. I buy candles there alot, almost weekly. Hygeine products are a huge no go. I would rather get those at the grocery store. I do buy batteries there for my battery operated tea lights and candles. I also buy ramen there all the time.
I like those dollar stores for some things, but not everything. For certain things like cleaning supplies, I tend to only use known brands (yep, I've wasted plenty of money on off brands in the past).