We May Have To Move

@simone10 (21647)
Louisville, Kentucky
Well, we may once again have to move. As some of you know, my brother manages an apartment complex for student housing. He has worked there for almost a year now. Recently the owners terminated the contract for the management company where my brother works. For a while, he didn't know if he was going to have a job. But, fortunately the new management company hired him so we thought all was well. He just found out that the owner of the property is putting the property up for sale. This means that my brother is at risk of not having a job once again. The new management company that he works for has asked him if he would be interesting in moving to one of their other properties but it's nothing definite. In the meantime, my brother is putting out his resume everywhere. Our life has been up and down every since we moved from Vegas 2 years ago. It makes me second guess moving back home. I pray that everything works out for him and us. He is very stressed right now. We would really appreciate any thoughts or prayers.
O, gee, Sharon, not once again! I am so sorry. You thought the problems were over and now you have to move again. I hope that your brother can reach an agreement.
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
We will definitely have to move again but just not sure where. The company he works for is talking about keeping him but nothing definite yet.
@simone10 Oh my goodness, I am so sorry you have to move again. I hope it's not too far from where you are now.
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@LadyDuck Me too. But, if he stays with this company, more than likely we will have to move to either Florida or South Carolina. They don't have any other properties in Arkansas.
I've followed your various moves and journeys Sharon, and I really hoped you were settled this time. Good luck
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I was hoping so too. I am so tired of having to move and I know we will at least have to move once more, whether it is for the company my brother works for or if he finds another job.
@simone10 I'm so sorry Sharon, let's hope that the next move will be the last.
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@jaboUK I hope so as I am getting too old to have to move so many times.
I remember the move. How awful to have to begin, again. Prayers sent your way.
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Thanks for the prayers! I'm getting too old to move so hopefully this next one will be the last one. We just aren't sure where it will be. They are talking about Florida and South Carolina.
@simone10 Either place would be nice.
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@DianneN Yes, it really would be nice. I just hope that this will be the last move for a long time.
That's rough. If the management company is willing to have him manage another property wouldn't that be ideal for him and keep him stable? I will keep you all in prayer.
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Yes, it would be ideal but we will still have to move to another location since they don't have any other properties in the city where we live.
@simone10 I hope he finds something that will work soon.
Oh that is so rough. I hope it all resolves easily for you.
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Thank you! I'm sure it will all work out.
• Greece
I hope things get resolved without another upheaval, two years of moving around and now another problem to resolve must be very hard for you.
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
It has been hard. We will have to move this time but just not sure where. The company my brother works for wants to keep him but we will have to move to another location, just not sure where right now.
@fawkes62 (1291)
I hope things work out for the two of you.
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Thank you! I'm sure it will all work out for the good.
It is very unsettling for both of you. Wishing that everything gets solved in your best interests.
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
It is unsettling because of having to move so many times the past two years.
@sugartoes (41997)
• Greencastle, Indiana
I KNOW the feeling as we have the samething going on here since we moved from Fla, in 08 it's been one thing after another so I can SURELY relate to how you & him feel, I'm sorry that you guys are in this ordeal. as it can be a VERY stressful ordeal, I pray that ya'll can get things back in a stable place & he gets a good job good luck
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Thanks so much for your prayers. I am hoping the company he currently works for will keep him and when we do move, it will be for the last time. We are both so tired of moving and the uncertainty of it all.
If you do not like the uncertainty, would moving back "home" remove that? Or, would you just be replacing one type of uncertainly for another? Moving stinks, I know.
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Home is in Tennessee which is where we lived a year ago and my brother had a problem finding a good paying job. That's why we moved to Arkansas. I do wish at times that we had just stayed in Vegas.
@simone10 It is really difficult to know what to do in situations like this one. Staying may have been the right thing to do, but maybe not. Second guessing our decisions never makes us feel better. Good luck.
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@ElizabethWallace My brother wasn't happy at all with his job he had in Vegas. His boss, which was also the owner, was very abusive verbally and my brother had to take it for 8 years.
@softbabe44 (5899)
• Vancouver, Washington
This is really upsetting I can understand where you're coming from going thru something like that is devastating.
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
It can be devastating. I just hope the company my brother works for decides to keep him even though it means we will have to move.
• Vancouver, Washington
@simone10 That's totally not fair.
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@softbabe44 They don't have another property close to where we live so if he stays, he will have to move to another property where they have an opening.
@mom210 (6779)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I hope it all works out, and settles down for you and your family
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Thank you! So do I. I am ready to be able to stay in one place.
@mom210 (6779)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@simone10 we did a lot of moving around for several years, now we have been in the same house for 10 years, it is so nice.
@GreatMartin (5383)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Wish he would put in a resume with Spring Tree who has their main office in Memphis!!
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
What is Spring Tree? We don't really want to move back to Memphis.
It seems things get harder and harder, more uncertain and stressful. I hope things straighten out for you.
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Thanks, I hope so too. I hate living with the uncertainty and I know my brother does too.
oh dear! i know how ya so wished to put down some deeper roots, hon. my heart's heavy fer ya both. 's my mamaw'd say (may she be restin' 'n peace) these kinda thingies happen fer a reason. i'm most certain that it'll all work out's it should be. big hugs!!
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Thanks for the comforting words. I'm sure it will all work out for the best but it does cause you to worry at times.
I'm sure it must be very stressful not knowing if you'll have to move again. I'll definitely keep you iin my thoughts and prayers that your brother finds a new job
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Thank you for the prayers. Either way, we will have to move again, just don't know when right now. We are hoping that the company my brother works for will keep him like they say they want to do. If so, we will still have to move to another location.
@Platespinner (17046)
If I"m remembering your story correctly, you HAVE been on a bit of a roller coaster since you moved East. Praying things work out for you and your brother.
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Yes, it really has been a roller coaster for us. We have moved so much and I'm just ready to settle somewhere for good.
@gr8nana6 (2191)
Oh my word, I am sorry to hear this Sharon. I pray that your brother gets a good job and you can stay put in a new place. Good luck to the both of you!
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Thank you! Even though the company he works for has said they want to keep him, he is also sending out his resume because at this point, we really don't trust anyone with what they say.
I'm sending positive thoughts for you right now.
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Thank you! I really appreciate the positive thoughts!
Why does he bounce from house to house because he works for them. Would it not be better to just find a place and rent it to be stable. I know now he needs a job too but,if that comes through would he be better off with a stable home. I am confused is all. Good luck
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
We don't bounce from house to house. Every time we have moved, it has been to another city for his job. It's all part of the job, having to move a lot. Even if we had a house right now, we would still have to move if his company wants to keep him. That means moving to Florida or South Carolina.
@simone10 Wow. Could you not find a place alone so that your able to put down roots somewhere? I moved a lot till I found where I am today. I know it's very hard to keep doing. I wish you luck with it. Have you found out anything yet.
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@sharon6345 We haven't heard anything yet. It will all depend on when the property sells. So, whatever happens will more than likely be last minute. My brother has been applying for other jobs just in case this doesn't come through.