Customers are not always right!

@ricki_911 (17168)
Toronto, Ontario
I hate those customers who stand screaming at you but wont nicelysay something came up wrong and admit it is a computer error. Having a few people yell at you in a day just shows how big of a idiot you are, and how people clearly hate their lives enough to yell at someone doing their job. I just stand there with a look on my face, and just want to roll my eyes. I almost wanted to just turn around and walk out.
@Mike197602 (13517)
• Worcester, England
I'd just ignore them and let it roll off me like water off a ducks back.
@ricki_911 (17168)
• Toronto, Ontario
I usually do but when you get each customer of the day screaming at you just wish you could afford to walk out.
@Mike197602 (13517)
• Worcester, England
@ricki_911 don't blame you, I'd be the same if I had it all day. ignoring them is easier said than done.
They have them every where we go. The good thing is to stay calm and let the rant end in no time.
@ricki_911 (17168)
• Toronto, Ontario
I usually just call the manager now. I usually can handle it,as I have worked many years in retail but today I was ready to snap.
@ricki_911 There are those moments and that is what management is there for. Someone lost control it's ok I am sure now though.
@ricki_911 (17168)
• Toronto, Ontario
@sharon6345 Yes, the management sometimes depending on who it is tend to be bad at handling it too.
@Marcyaz (36111)
Those are the people you have to keep calm with even though some will actually become even more vocal. Sometimes it is hard to keep calm.
@ricki_911 (17168)
• Toronto, Ontario
It is hard especially when they are screaming at you how stupid you are. I wish everyone could work a week in retail and see how it really is.
@Marcyaz (36111)
@ricki_911 I have said if you can't speak nicely then we have nothing to talk about. You do not have to stand for verbal abuse.
@ricki_911 (17168)
• Toronto, Ontario
@Marcyaz No, that is very true. Dealing with customers verbally abusing you. I find most of those people you can tell when they are unhappy and negative in their life.
I know customer service is very difficult and no matter what, you have to behave well since the customers are Gods. But nobody is reasonable. And when you counter some unreasonable customers, perhaps you have to keep your smile and try to help them.
@ricki_911 (17168)
• Toronto, Ontario
It is very hard mostdays, especially the people who blame you for their life problems.
@ricki_911 I totally understand it. Some customers don't know how stupid they are. In the past I was a client to a company, and the stuff seemed to be without any tempers. Even if it was their fault, I just couldn't blame it more since he was always nice, calm and never argued or found excuses. So we just wanted to fix the problems together rather than spending time on blaming. I really need that kind of personality. It amazed me why a person could be so calm and kept a good temper and attitude all the time.
that is why I just wo uld not want to wok in n retail taking care of sick people is hard enough but they are usually pretty grateful
@ricki_911 (17168)
• Toronto, Ontario
Yes, you are right. I find a lot of people don't see what goes into working in retail.You can see all the people who hate their lives, and negative when they come in and treat the workers a certain way.
Let them rant until the end and that's when you help them. sometimes it's not good to clash with their irratict behavior, some customers are just dumb and irrational, it's sickening but true.
@ricki_911 (17168)
• Toronto, Ontario
Yes, that is very true. But dealing with a handful of them everyday just irritating in the end.