Why do people love to gossip?

I don't understand why people can't just mind their own business. You see gossipers at work, in school, at the mall, sometimes even at the church. I don't know why they find pleasure in talking behind people's back while they are not even sure if the story they are telling is true. It's kinda weird for me you know. How about you? Do you also have the same question?
It is a sign of insecurity of oneself. In some point, it is also a part of women politics. They had the culture that sometimes I cannot understand why.
People like gossiping about others because I think it makes them feel better about themselves when they say things about other people.
@sugartoes (40759)
• Greencastle, Indiana
OH GOD I can't stand to listen to gossip & sure can't stand gossipers cause all it is is a way to start stuff with other people & lies & B S so I don't have time to get wrapped up in people that talk trash about others.
I dont know but it seems just about everyone loves gossip. I think there is something thrilling about knowing a secret.