Uncle Joe Update

@AunBecky (176)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Uncle joe is still recooping well with the exception of a little set back. He says that he can see very clearly if he closes the eye that still has the cataract. With both eyes open he has double vision. He sees 2 different size images. This has caused him to misjudge our stairs so he took a little tumble and knocked a goose egg on the back of his head. I know he was happy to get the surgery but he is very frustrated over not seeing 20-20 yet. I do not think he will be back to posting as quickly as we expected.
not seeing like that, hope it gets resolved soon!
I wondered as much as my friend didn't get back to 'normal' for a while either. I didn't like to say so in the original post (before the operation) as it would have sounded negative or caused Joe to worry. After a few days though my friend was thrilled with her improved vision.
That is too bad. I am sure he had very high expectations. That double vision stuff is scary.
@Platespinner (16782)
Ouch! I'm glad the tumble wasn't any worse. I can't remember when he said the second surgery was scheduled so I hope he doesn't have to wait to long. Maybe he should get a pirate patch for the eye that still has the cataract--at least he'd look cool and the double vision wouldn't be a problem...
How long before his second surgery? Hopefully he will be back up to speed soon.
I'm sorry to hear that, please give him my love.
Just tell him to take care of himself first.