Trading one addiction for another....

I quit drinking soda - hurrah! Granted, this is not the worst addiction to have. Certainly unhealthy, though. I haven't been keeping track of days, but I feel like it's probably been about a month now, which is good for me! I used to have at least 1 soda per day, maybe 2-3 on days off. Instead of quitting cold turkey and drinking only water, coffee and tea like I wanted to - I have now aquired another addiction. Crystal Light! It's not healthy for you either. It still has aspartame, which is a terrible thing, but it's tasty and buying the generic kind at the Dollar Store - I get 10 packets for $1. That's 10 cents, which may be saving me money in the long run. Still, it's funny to replace one addiction with another, even if one is minimally better for you than the last. Have you ever done something like this?
I am proud to say i don't have those addictions . I do drink soda , but maybe at least once a week . Although , i am a bit addicted to the games in my phone that i would stay late awake at night because i am playing one . Then i would have to wake up at 5:00 a.m. the next day to prepare for work .
@fishtiger58 (30338)
• Momence, Illinois
I am a coffee addict, I drink way to much everyday. I drink about one pop every couple of days.
@Blondie2222 (21793)
I am down to just 1 soda a day and i used to have 3 a day. I do drink crystal light sometimes i get the ones that don't have sodium in it as i have to watch my sodium intake also. I don't think i can cut soda totally out of my diet but if i really have to i'm sure i could do it.
@Raine38 (9117)
That's a good start. I also quit drinking soda a long time ago. There are times that I will have a sip but only when my boyfriend is having some, but I will not go and have my own.
I did the very same thing for a long time. I got to see how much money I was really spending and stopped. I just gave some to my man last week and also last month. I like boiling tea and making pitchers for the enjoyment. I will have a coke every now and then though.
I did the same switch. Maybe we get more water intake with the Crystal Light than with soda, in my case diet soda. I hope so.
Why didn't you quit cold turkey? It can't be too difficult.