40 Acts Day 5 - Quiche?

@patgalca (13814)
Orangeville, Ontario
[/i]While they were eating, Jesus took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to his disciples, saying, ‘Take and eat; this is my body.’ (Matthew 26:26 NIV)[i] What better way to start the week than with food? Some of us struggle to share a box of popcorn, whilst others happily over-feed everyone who crosses their threshold. Wherever you are on that spectrum, consider this: food has brought people together since the dawn of time. Use it as a means to build relationship today. Three Suggestions: Cook for your friends or family tonight, and try to make sure everyone sits together to eat at the same time. Don't rush the meal – enjoy each other’s company. Don't let them dine alone: the girl everyone ignores at college, a friend in hospital (because let's face it, hospital food is rarely fine dining...), or someone you know who is home alone today. Ask what their favourite treat is and take it along with you. Share food with a stranger today: you might pay for someone else's meal in a restaurant, or strike up a conversation with the person behind you in the queue, or paying for the meal of the person behind you at the drive-thru. Whether you choose to give someone the gift of food anonymously or with a friendly hello, make a point of blessing someone you don't already know.
@shshiju (8847)
• Cochin, India
Dine together and share joy is a nice suggestion. I think now a days all are behind the time and so hurry.
@patgalca (13814)
• Orangeville, Ontario
Sometimes schedules conflict and it can't always happen. My husband works 7-7 (days and nights but days this week) so when he works days he doesn't get home until 7:30, maybe even as late as 8:00. I'm not waiting that late. And the girls, both adults, make their own plans for the days and evenings (when not working).
• Rochester, New York
An old friend was telling me last month that after his divorce he spent a lot of meals alone. For Christmas last year he cooked up $300 worth of food and took it to a bridge where the homeless live. He had separated it into containers and fed the homeless, he sat and ate with them. He was homeless at one point in his life so he knew what they were dealing with on a daily basis.
@patgalca (13814)
• Orangeville, Ontario
I find myself eating alone a lot of the time. People will come in and ask what's for dinner and I won't have made anything. Then when I decide to cook a dinner, no one shows up.
When we were raising our 2 sons, we always made a point to eat dinner together at the dining room table. We had wonderful conversations together.
@patgalca (13814)
• Orangeville, Ontario
We did too. I tried for that tonight with my younger daughter being home from university this week, but the elder daughter ditched us. But I made a lovely dinner.
Wonderful suggestions that are so easy to do and bring such joy to the recipient.
@AnneEJ (5132)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
Thanks for all those suggestions.