We are all Story Tellers in the end

By Glen
@glenniah (1201)
Mandurah, Australia
When the day of my story telling event arrived I was awake two hours earlier than usual. My first thought after having breakfast my mind turned to what I was going to wear. Would I get dressed in something flamboyant, not that I really have much that you would call flamboyant. Or did story tellers dress like hippies, unless of course one was dressed as a Pirate. Finally, I chose something in between colourful and comfortable. Then in a very excited mood I drove to the train station where I met my friend. We caught the train and a bus to our destination. We then walked down Olive Tree Lane and turned into a lovely courtyard and found a house, hidden away behind the Olive Trees. We spent a few hours in this idyllic place listening to a Story Teller from interstate who had been invited to share her stories with us. She works for historical museums and apart from discussing historical facts she also weaves them into her stories. She then told us a history story after which we she did some role playing with us. I was in my element and didn't want to leave. I realize now that we all tell stories in different environments. Many cultures have handed down verbal stories that have lasted through time. All I need to do now is find an environment to tell stories.
• Uzbekistan
What kind of story did you tell?
@glenniah (1201)
• Mandurah, Australia
@MALUSE I didn't have to tell one as it was my first time. However, I have one or two up my sleeve for when it is my turn,
@Rollo1 (16685)
• Boston, Massachusetts
This is a good environment in which to tell stories.