Green Milk Shakes

@AnneEJ (5132)
Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
I mentioned in my earlier post that my friend and I were at McDonald's for lunch. Today they were offering Shamrock Milkshakes. Somebody ordered one while we were standing in line, and something happened to the machine. It was spewing out green stuff all over. What a mess! I tried to find a picture of a green one, but had to settle for this one. A large one of these shakes is 820 calories, 23 grams fat, 115 gr. sugar and 260 mg. sodium, plus all the other ingredients. A medium is 660 calories, and a small 530. Not a very healthy snack to be sure. Needless to say, we did not indulge in one.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Oh what a terrible mess is right. Guess that did not make anyones day then haha Nope not me wont be having one..too much junk in it.
@AnneEJ (5132)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
Just the looks of it turned me off, although I wasn't going to buy one anyway.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@AnneEJ I had one years ago, it was rather sickly tasting Anne.
@AnneEJ (5132)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
@TiarasOceanView I am sure I would not enjoy it
Don't think that I would like the green one. But tomorrow I'll be having a chocolate one at Steak N Shake.
@AnneEJ (5132)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
I have had vanilla ones in the past, but really they are too large for me to enjoy.
@Susan2015 When i ate meat Steak N Shake used to be my favorite restauarnt but it was too far away to make it a regular dinner choice! But if we went shopping in the area we would go eat dinner there. I don't think i could eat it anymore as i egt sick when i eat meat or fish in the middle of the night i wake up vomiting or indigestiom but not yesterday when i had take out grilled cheese and was not sick at all from the grilled cheese asnd onion ringd!
@AnneEJ Can you possibly order a small one where I live most milkshakes come in sizes. I bought my mom one yesterday and got a medium since we were just getting her to eat and knew she wouldn't drink a large She had about five sips but at least, it is something, and its sweet and won't make her half chew which she wants to avoid chewing a lot. That is why she is so fragile and bone thin . The nurse says to feed her what she wants. So we are compassionate instead of aggressive
Wow, that's a lot of calories! I don't like milk shakes, so will not be indulging in one, green or otherwise.
@AnneEJ (5132)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
No I am not a milkshake lover either.
Oh, the mess of it all! As much as I love milkshakes, I wouldn't have one. I don't need the calories, fat, or sugar.
@AnneEJ (5132)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
I am not a milk drinker, and have never really liked milkshakes.
@DianneN I saw that picture of your husband, and you and you don't need to worry about calories. But sugar as it is none of my business if youare diabeti but my sisetr took me shopping and we brougth my mom and us home dinner and my siisetr stoped in a store to get a diet soda as she didn't want the sugar in all my drinks at home as she is finslly taking good vare of her diabetes. She bought a donut at wal matr nbevcause her sugar was too low. So i am thrilled she is taking care of it!
@AnneEJ Milkshakes to me were more delicious than milk. Our bodies do not need cow's milk. It leads to more problems for those who drink it.
Maybe it has a green tea ingredient that's why it's green . If yes, then , it could be a bit healthy . At least you could have tasted it , even for that time only .
@AnneEJ (5132)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
No it is not green tea, it has mint, and probably food colouring.
@Simplyd i think the same as the other probably mint flavoring and green food covering as my one a year usually taste like mint. I know it isn't green tea as I do not like green tea at all, and I love my yearly shamrock shake! I think it has vanilla ice cream, or maybe the green isn't food coloring added by the restaurant, but I think they may use green mint flavored ice cream. I do not know if the mint iced cream has food coloring or not!
@AnneEJ do you think the mint is added mint leaves ground up or some flavoring of mint ice cream And do you think mint ice cream is naturally green colored or green food coloring? Just had that thought!
@Marcyaz (36191)
wow I probably would have just for the calories in it. How cool green milkshake but wonder what happened to the machine.
@AnneEJ (5132)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
I don't know but there was green goo all over that they had to clean up.
@Marcyaz (36191)
@AnneEJ Oh that must have been quite a mess to clean up but they tried so you have to give them an A for trying.
I would not get anything like that either.
@AnneEJ (5132)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
I don't know whether the person who ordered it ever got theirs or not after the machine went crazy.
@AnneEJ I would think not after that..
Over here, you can buy 'spearmint milk' which is coloured green. Our son loves it.
@AnneEJ (5132)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
This one is made with mint flavouring, but it is not for me.
@AnneEJ I never have milkshakes and very rarely have smoothies.
@AnneEJ (5132)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
@JudyEv Me, either. If I am going to splurge, I just want a small ice cream cone
That does sound good. Our milk shakes will have to wait until next month since money is at 0.
@AnneEJ (5132)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
I don't eat at McDonald's that often, but was treating my friend for his birthday. We had Fish Burgers.
@AnneEJ .....I do miss their fish filets and McRibs.
@AnneEJ (5132)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
@celticeagle I hadn't had a Fish filet for a long time and it tasted good. I sometimes stop at the McDonald's in Walmart, but they don't have a full menu, so no fish.
@mom210 (5818)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I have been wanting to look into making some of those healthy ones at home. You can grind up every thing you need of rthe day and drink it, but wonder what it taste like
@AnneEJ (5132)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
My daughter makes smoothies for breakfast. I tried one when I was there at Christmas, but didn't really care for it. I would rather eat whole fruit.
@mom210 (5818)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@AnneEJ sometimes I am short on time, and think it might be the way to go. just to make sure I am doing all the things I am suppose to be for health
we used to make those at the concession stand at the University I worked at for awhile back in 2004, definitely NOT nutritious at all but it sold fast !
@AnneEJ (5132)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
I guess something different appeals to people
@AnneEJ yes it sure does seem that way
@AnneEj I noticed you are from Quebec do they have Shamrock shakes all March or just on St Patrick's day? Our McDonal's in the United States was selling them from the middle, or it might have been the end of February! But we get them for a month. Don't know if they sell them all of March
@AnneEJ (5132)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
I am not sure as I am not in there that often, but I know they had them yesterday.
@AnneEJ I don't get there that often either. I haven't been there since we went fishing the first Friday in Lent. But we don't go out for regular food anymore just sweets that the home hospice actress says to give her as that is all she wants and this is about compassion not getting aggressive.
• Portland, Connecticut
I have never understood the appeal of those huge thick shakes but people do love them.
@AnneEJ (5132)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
They are too much for me
@silvermist (14003)
@AnneEJ You know,I always avoid smoothies and milk shakes.They are too sweet.
@AnneEJ (5132)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
I agree with you
Ooh my, not healthy at all. I dont like those shakes much. They just are not tasty so therefore not worth almost 1,000 calories for sure. I know a lot of people who love Shamrock Shakes but I dont understand why. That would have been hilarious to see by the way!!
@AnneEJ (5132)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
No they are not very healthy. I stay away from things like that.
@Platespinner (15536)
We tried shamrock shakes a couple of years ago and every single member of my immediate family decided they were revolting. Interestingly the McDonald's that employs two of my children does not do the shamrock shakes.
@AnneEJ (5132)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
I guess they have been making them for a few years. They must sell some or they wouldn't continue, but each place must have a choice whether they make them or not.
@zebra2222 (4874)
Too many calories for me. Still, it looks tempting.
@AnneEJ (5132)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
The mint flavour woud be nice, but too many calories.
I think its great that they want to get into the spirit of the day, but offering cucumber slices would be just as green and a lot more healthy for the patrons. Or even a green yogurt, there are a thousand other healthy choices they could have offered. But I guess its mostly for the very young that they do it for, right?
@AnneEJ (5132)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
I think you are right, but it certainly did not appeal to me. And when you look at the calories, that's more than anyone needs.
lol I hope the kids have fun with them, but yes I will pass too.
@AnneEJ (5132)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
I wonder how many they actually sold.
those shamrock shakes are popular today for St. Patricks Day but I wouldn't waste all my calories on one.
@AnneEJ (5132)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
Apparently the calories in a large one are equal to 1.5 big macs, and not nearly the nutrition.