3 people called in sick today

Yes! 3 people out of about 11 on my shift called out sick today at work. I havent walked through the door yet but I am assuming once I do....all heck will break loose. How does your day proceed when people call out sick from work? Do you find when it rains it pours?
@,maezee I heard after a very mild flu season up to this point my area got in the single digits of flu diagnosed this I flu season but it's started to get more cases to people now, IT was at least in my area one day 80 degrees the next day snowing and when it hits 70 or over here even in winter people put ion their shorts outside and wear no coats outside !t can cause influenza SO tey say if you don;t have a flu shot you should get one now as it protects against H1NI the flu that started rearing its ugly head and the vaccine does pretty good this year!
I have not gotten a flu shot .... but do yiu think under dressing really causes sickness? I thought that was a myth!
@maezee Tha is always what my mom always told me In don't know if it's a myth now that you mentioned it! But sometimes it is a little windy, and people are out in their shorts, so I think it's possible depending how much breeze there is! Sometimes it can be 80 degrees outside but not warm! But people in my area put shorts on the first sunny day in the winter! They say yo can still get a flu shot as it does great with H1N1 with is the flu that just suddenly started going around. I had mine in November or Dece,ber so so far i have been lucky!
@Marty1 i guess better safe than sorry. Plus who is really that hot to wear flip flops as soon as it hits 45 degrees? Lol.
@rina110383 (24065)
It would be a long exhausting day. I might call in sick the day after.
Haha me too! Although tomorrow I am off any way lol. Maybe next time!
@Blondie2222 (22881)
We have people that call off alot too but we just do with what we have and make the best of it. You can't help when others are sick or their kids our sick. I hope work won't be too hectic for you though and you have a good day
True. I just hope they are not playing hookie!
@Morleyhunt (19281)
If someone called in sick? I'd be in big trouble.
Me too. Lol. Not fun.
@MGjhaud (20861)
it will certainly be a busy day for you. but as long as the leader knows how to manage the shortage, yall get through the day just fine.
True! My supervisor is doing a great job at stepping in when need be.
it is the most irritating scenario, honestly.
IF they are truly sick I understand - you cant control when that happens. But we have a big problem with people abusing sick days...
@jahunt (1389)
Aww, that really sucks. Some days are just like that I guess! Hope tomorrow is better!
Oh dear that is a lot of people. I hope you are able to manage there maezee. I was always happy when someone called in sick as I got all their customers too and made more money. I was a hairdresser.