Expensive Concert Tickets

How much is too much to pay for concert tickets? Will you make an exception to the rule to see your favorite band? Theres a huge show coming to Minneapolis at the new US Bank Stadium. I generally do not go to concerts but my favorite band Avenged Sevefold is coming to it. Oh yeah (no big deal) alongside Metallica. AlsoVolbeat will be there. I fear these tickets are going to be ridiculously overpriced. Mainly due to the Metallica part. I like them, but not enough if its $200 a seat. Just waiting for the presale to start.... Whats the most youve paid for concert tickets? Do you have a limit you set?
I've paid $137 for Tom Petty a few years ago and $120 for Rush last year, which I thought was too much but it was likely to be the final chance to see them and I never had.
True. Did you feel it was worth it? Those are somebig names. I didnt realize Rush was still together!
@maezee Rush sounded great...the problem was, I bought tickets on the floor next to the sound board (because that is the best seat in any house to listen from) but after I bought them I was hospitalized with a stroke. I got out about a week before the show, but I had to use a cane to walk and couldn't really stand on my feet, which everyone in front of my was, so I couldn't see the stage, unfortunately. The Tom Petty show was fantastic and well worth the money, plus I got to see the Smithereens open for him, which is a good band I had loved since the 80's and had never got to see.
@destimona (1930)
• Luxembourg, Luxembourg
I have not paid much for concerts. My highest is 35 euro.
Ok! Thats not so bad. Plus at least here they always tax the tickets like crazy. Were they popular/big bands?
@destimona (1930)
• Luxembourg, Luxembourg
@maezee Ofcourse. They do for Popular bands. Last year pussycatdolls visited Luxembourg for a concert. One ticket costs 150 euro. I did not go for that.
@Seowork1 (31)
• Adelaide, Australia
I wouldn't pay more than $200 but that's because I can't afford it
@Blondie2222 (21790)
If it's going to be a good concert then i'll spend the money on it. The most i spent was 250 but it was a concert with like 7 bands so it was worth it. I'm hoping to get to a few concerts this year if there's any good ones.
I had to go through a ticket broker, to which I paid $300.00 for two tickets to see TOOL at Red Rocks.
@fishtiger58 (30338)
• Momence, Illinois
I went to many concerts in the late 70's and early 80's but none since. The tickets were never that expensive, I wouldn't pay 200 bucks to see anyone.