Tomatoe The Fruit

@ChrisH09 (280)
Trinidad And Tobago
It has been a debate whether tomatoes are a fruit or vegetable, although by nature it is a fruit. I for one find tomatoes to be one of the most delicious fruits there have. I love eating them with a little tad of salt or in sandwhiches or burgers. However one of the things I hates is when a tomatoe is not ripe because it does not taste well at all, just because it is red does not mean it is ripe, as I have purchased some red tomatoes befor that were red but not close to ripe.
I also like tomatoes.I don't care if they're fruit or vegetables.
@besweet (7230)
• Greece
Tomatoes are the basic ingredients of the Greek salad and I also find them very tasty. Maybe the red tomatoes that you had purchased were not in season and the ripening was delayed if they were growing them in winter.
@rina110383 (24145)
When I eat fried fish, I make sure I eat them with tomatoes.
@sallypup (26355)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I agree with you. Store tomatoes are hard and not tasty. I can't wait until we have garden tomatoes again.
I do love a good tomato with a bit of salt too! It is a mighty fine fruit for sure!