Have you tried growing advocadoes?

@ricki_911 (19451)
Toronto, Ontario
I saw this pinterest and I am thinking of trying it now. I have about 4 advacadoes in the fridge and love purree it, then using it as a dip. I have never tried growing them, but I am going to try.
I think I tried to plant the seed and it got al ugly and tossed it out. How do you plant them I would love to try once more. thanks.
@yukimori do I give it sun or shade here? I am going to get one really soon thanks
@yukimori (9047)
@sharon6345 My mom's husband always keeps them in a window that faces southeast. They seem to like it enough to grow a few feet tall.
@yukimori Thanks so very much I can't wait to sow what I grow.
I never have as I don't care for avocados.
@ricki_911 (19451)
• Toronto, Ontario
I was never a fan of advacodos either until recently.
No but I always think of it when ever we have them..the big stone I always wonder if you can plant them..I dont think I could grow it though.
@ChrisH09 (280)
• Trinidad And Tobago
I have never tried but I do love avocadoes. Years ago my friend used to have one in their backyard, it was a really big tree so I would imagine it takes a really long time before you start getting fruits from it.
@Teep11 (7067)
I'll eat them but mever tried growing them. I'm fascinated by this now. Let us know when you've started growing them.
We have a few avocados plants - it's kind of tricky to grow according to my dad and they consume a lot of water. I love avocados!
@ricki_911 (19451)
• Toronto, Ontario
i will try it but I am not that good at keeping things alive. But if I get it so far I can bring them to my Grandma.
@ricki_911 I'm not good at maintaining fruit trees I hope it works out for you.
@yukimori (9047)
I think I remember seeing somewhere that all of the avocados sold in stores are sterile and won't produce fruit if they grow. My mother's husband is constantly starting avocados... at any given time he's probably got about 8-10 sitting in jars of water in various stages of growth, plus a good handful of them that he's planted in pots. Weirdly enough not a single one has ever reached maturity... I don't know if it's just that he's growing them inside, that he's not doing it right, or what. They get a few feet tall and that seems to be it aside from occasionally putting out new leaves.
yes I did and it grew o abut five feet tall and I lived in Tempe and someone dug it p in hte middle of the night and stole it. tha t was so st upid.
• Bucharest, Romania
The very simple answer to this question is "no".
@EddieHands (37845)
I grow them I have a magical tree that gives advacadoes ! Blessings