Sidetracked

@AnneEJ (4977)
Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
Do you ever get up in the morning with a clear idea of how much you are going to accomplish that day? That's what happened to me this morning. I was just getting started on my list, when I got a phone call from my daughter and that extended into an hour. It was not just a chat, but we were discussing the work I do for her and some things that had to be done. So I worked on one of her projects until almost noon, then got another phone call, which resulted in my going out for a couple of hours in the afternoon. When I came home, I worked on a project again until supper time, and then for an hour after supper. So, needless to say, I am just coming on here now to catch up a bit. I see I have a lot of notifications, so will try and get through them all. I hope everyone has had a good Tuesday.
@carebear29 (29178)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
I hate when that happens lol
@AnneEJ (4977)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
Seems it happens to me a lot. And the days fly by
Life gets in the way sometimes doesn't it? I am off to have my hair cut shortly and do some shopping. I wonder what else will get in the way of my day on MyLot? :)
@AnneEJ (4977)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
I have learned to just go with the flow, if I don't get something done today, it will still be on my list for tomorrow
@AnneEJ I just went to the hairdresser and forgot my purse. Luckily she knows me but I couldn't do the shopping either so that is now on tomorrow's list.
@AnneEJ (4977)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
@JudyEv I went for groceries on Saturday, and was nearly finished filling my cart, when I realized I had left my purse in the car. So I had to park my cart at Customer Service and go out and get my purse. At least, I had not left it at home.
@Teep11 (7666)
You were certainly busy. There will be days like that. We become relieved when we're able to unwind.
@AnneEJ (4977)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
When I think about how much I used to accomplish in a day when I was younger, sometimes I feel lazy, and have to tell myself I don't need to be busy all the time any more.
I hope you get everything done.
@AnneEJ (4977)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
Feel good, have caught up on my notifications, anyway
@Elizaby (4673)
• Pensacola, Florida
Everyone gets sidetracked from time to time as unexpected things do happen that need to be dealt with
@AnneEJ (4977)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
Keeps life interesting, doesn't it?
@Elizaby (4673)
• Pensacola, Florida
@AnneEJ That it does
• Lenox, Georgia
I try to just go with the flow because with 4 children, babysitting, Home Schooling, 2 dogs and a house to take care of-my day rarely ever goes the way I planned it! LOL
@AnneEJ (4977)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
I am sure that you get lots of things to sidetrack you, but as long as the children are fed and happy, that is the main thing.
I think I will just keep thinking something is going to get in the way of what I have planned as soon as a wake in the morning. Softens the blow when my day gets messed up by this or that or the other.
@AnneEJ (4977)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
Yes I have learned to be flexible, it saves a lot of frustration.
Very nice. What type of projects do you work on? I also am currently working on some online projects which will hopefully be profitable. Lol. Hope you enjoy the rest of your day!
@AnneEJ (4977)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
I do some data entry for my daughter's church. Also do a lot of Word documents for her, so she can submit them to her translaters.
@dazzledlady (1619)
Oh if I have many things to do then expect my mind to be clear because I have to organize the things to do where I can fit them all in a day. I hate going doing task on at a time when I can accomplish them in a day. It saves time and effort of going out.
@miniam (9218)
• Bern, Switzerland
I usually do not make plans, no matter how well I plan and leave time between for the unforeseen, something always comes up to mess my plans so l let the day take care of what comes.
@AnneEJ (4977)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
I had my afternoon interrupted today as well. I just lay down for a little nap when my neighbour knocked on the door and asked me to take her out to do some errands. She doesn't have her license anymore, so how could I say No.
@miniam (9218)
• Bern, Switzerland
@AnneEJ That`s lovely of you, still, i don't like it if someone wakes me up when im sleeping but they cant know im sleeping now can they?
@AnneEJ (4977)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
@miniam I had just pulled my blanket up around me and was getting ready to sleep. At first I didn't answer because I thought it was someone knocking at the door across the hall.
@dodo19 (35641)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It definitely does happen to me, as I'm sure it happens to everyone. It can be frustrating when it happens, but such is life sometimes. It's the way it goes.
@AnneEJ (4977)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
I am sure with small children, you often get sidetracked. But they are only young once, so enjoy the diversions.
@dodo19 (35641)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@AnneEJ it certainly does happen a lot. I have gotten used to it. I am enjoying it for the most part.
yesp had a g ood t uesday made m y goal now here toda y is Wednesday and in less than an hour will go shopping with my best friend Nelda
@AnneEJ (4977)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
Enjoy your shopping trip
@MarymargII (11173)
• Toronto, Ontario
I know what you mean- it's best not to have too much of a structure of a day as then it gets ruined- ha!
@AnneEJ (4977)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
I make a list, but sometimes don't get much crossed off
@MarymargII (11173)
• Toronto, Ontario
@AnneEJ Well I never have that much that I can't just count it unless I've got company for dinner and have to remember to do this and that!
@destimona (1914)
• Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Most of the time I get up with the clear idea to go.
@AnneEJ (4977)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
I have sort of a routine, but don't always stick with it.
@destimona (1914)
• Luxembourg, Luxembourg
@AnneEJ Hmmm.ok.
• Westland, Michigan
I would say 40% of my week is that way. I have a plan and then something wrong happens at work or the manager gives me another project that is more important. I have learned over the years to just go with it, but there is not much I can do to change it.
@AnneEJ (4977)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
Yes I can remember that at work, start something, get a phone call, pull out another file, and before you know it you have several things on the go. But at least it made the day go fast.
• Westland, Michigan
@AnneEJ I agree it makes the day go fast.
Your day did not go as planned I take it then Anne. Its fine get here when you can my friend. We know you are busy. Hope your day was okay all in all.
@AnneEJ (4977)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
I feel good, I am now up to date with my notifications and can spend a few minutes looking at new posts.
As I read this it is nearly Friday.
@AnneEJ (4977)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
Yes, Friday here now, cloudy, some snow flurries.
@salonga (27860)
A lot of things can sidetrack us. IT happens to every one I think so no worries, you can always make up.
@AnneEJ (4977)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
Yes, and that is what keeps life interesting
I am quite often sidetracked but something when I had such great plans. I guess it is just part of life. I am pretty pragmatic these days about what I actually accomplish!! lol
@AnneEJ (4977)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
I am sure it happens to all of us.
@Lucky15 (34238)
Good luck on catching up and with the project ;)
@AnneEJ (4977)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
I worked on it last evening, and was able to accomplish a lot