Got My Root Canal!

@IvySaysHi (4344)
I am finally home from getting my root canal done and I am dying to eat. I always avoid eating when it comes to tooth procedures because I am afraid of the anesthetic wearing off. It didn't take very long either thank goodness. My doctor gave me something to help keep my mouth open too which is great in case my mouth got tired of being open. It wasn't painful because of all the anesthetic and I can't really feel anything now either though the anesthetic hasn't completely worn off either. I need to make an appointment to get a permanent filling. I will update on how the healing goes. Ask any questions you like.
• Marion, Kansas
What advice did the doctor give about eating, and pain medicine?
@IvySaysHi (4344)
They said that ibuprofen 800mg is best for any pain though it shouldnt hurt past a couple days. No eating for an hour after the procedure and don't eat anything hard or sticky as to let the temp filling set properly.
Well, so glad you did not have to wait long to get this done. I used to get pain from the anesthesia administration, but I happened upon a dentist from China who causes no pain no matter what the procedure. I asked him why I never feel pain no matter what he does and he replied "Ancient Chinese secrets." I love my dentist! All the others caused pain in one form or another, but never this guy!
@IvySaysHi (4344)
I got like 4 needles in the back where my jaw is and then under the tooth.
@IvySaysHi That information did make me cringe! Ouch!
@IvySaysHi (4344)
@Corbin5 yeah my heart was definitely pounding seeing them
Oh my goodness, I am so glad to hear it went well. I am waiting (or should I say putting off) making my root canal appointment as I am afraid - alot of people have told me it was super painful. Glad to know yours wasn't. Hoping for a quick recovery for you!
@IvySaysHi (4344)
Well once the numbness wore off I started to hurt but took some over the counter stuff nd that helped
I've had a root canal and, apart from it taking a long time, it didn't worry me much.
Benn there, done that. Your mouth may be sore for awhile. Be careful in what you eat. Soft foods. Nothing hard and chewy.