Did you ever?

@ramapo17 (26034)
Melbourne, Florida
I usually don't do this but today after doing a very short food shopping with my husband, we got home and I asked my husband what he wanted for lunch. He told me what he wanted and said to put them on a paper plate. I said, we don't have any and he said yes we do we bought them today along with some other goodie he wanted. After thinking about it, I do remember seeing the things as I was checking out. While putting the merchandise in the shopping cart after paying, I was fooling around with the cashier and left the bag with those things on the turntable. I am sure the lady behind me was surprised when she got home and found a couple of things she didn't remember buying. Did you ever do things like this? I remember one time getting home and not seeing something I thought I bought but it was no where in sight.
@Hate2Iron (8106)
A couple of times... and it was always the expensive stuff. It couldn't have been a jar of relish or something.
@ramapo17 (26034)
• Melbourne, Florida
Funny thing here is as just telling my husband how he eats so much junk and when I went to look for it, I couldn't find . He probably thinks I did it on purpose.
@Marcyaz (35589)
When that happens I always look at my receipt and if it is in town I will go back there and ask about it.
@ramapo17 (26034)
• Melbourne, Florida
With these turntables that hold the bags, a person might not know it until they got home and saw something that they didn't buy. Some of the cashiers will give the turntable a spin to check that the customer got everything but they all don't do that. I usually will do that too but today I was talking to much.
two sacks I jus did not get home with so went b ack and the cashier had put them aside for me too.
@ramapo17 (26034)
• Melbourne, Florida
That was nice of her to put them aside for you.
• Uzbekistan
It has happened several times that I've left goods I paid for in the shops. When I go to the local farmers' market, the shopkeepers sometimes tell me to pack all my things and not forget anything. It's called 'getting older'. :-)
@ramapo17 (26034)
• Melbourne, Florida
@MALUSE, Oh, is that what it is called. At least it was his and not my stuff.
@nomus24g (25427)
once I went for grocery shopping, spend considerable amount of time standing in the queue at the cash counter & then suddenly realized that I forgot my wallet :P ...luckily the cashier was known to me (as I often shop from that particular outlet), he got it delivered home & I paid "Cash on Delivery"...so, yes things like such happens at times :)
@ramapo17 (26034)
• Melbourne, Florida
That was nice of them to do that for you.
I've left things in the shopping cart after I've loaded the car - not much chance of getting that back.
@AnneEJ (4978)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
It is easy to do that, but I haven't had it happen for a long time.
I have left many a bag behind. Have left things in the cart outside the store too. I have a tendency to get really distracted.
@ramapo17 (26034)
• Melbourne, Florida
We all have a lot on our minds in this fast paced life we live.
@polyxena (2573)
• Sturgis, Michigan
I've done that many of times, the worst thing is looking at something and you're sure you've put it in the cart, and you get home and realize that you forgot to buy whatever it is that you were looking at.
@ramapo17 (26034)
• Melbourne, Florida
Right, I always tell my husband I have a lot on my mind and then he laughs.
@MGjhaud (20861)
one time yes. we thought we left it in the carpark when we were unloading all of the bags. we went back for it but its no longer there so we went inside and bought another one.
You should be able to go back and get it. The clerk doesn't usually give another person's purchase to someone else. They'll take it to a lost and found area, figuring the person will be back for it.