Cleaned My Keyboard

OMG, I can't believe how much crumbs I had under the keys on my keyboard. I thought it looked pretty decent but then when I shook the thing several times, that's when I found out. I also cleaned all the keyboard with cotton balls and alcohol. I am going to try not to eat at my desk anymore, that is such a bad habit of mine. It is not easy to get rid of bad habits, but I will at least try.
I normally use pressurize can on mine.The one just blow air from it.Gets all the stuff in between.
Never thought about getting a can of this stuff.
@marlina I always keep it on hand.It is a good tool to have
• Midland, Michigan
I do use that too, but I have much more than the pressurized can can accommodate, or maybe it's just that I don't do it often enough.
@Hate2Iron (4629)
• Winnipeg, Manitoba
Now that I'm looking at mine lol... if could use a bit of a shaking!! Maybe money will fall out ;)
It would have to be pretty thin money.
@marlina lol transparent money? :)
@infatuatedbby Pretty similar to this yes.
Habits are easy to break if you establish a different routine. Put an imaginary line (or a real one if necessary) going into the room where you have your computer. Food does not cross the line. Presto chango, no food crumbs on the keyboard.
Presto chango! Maybe for you!
@marlina I think it must be my stubborn streak. Once I make up my mind, the rest is easy for me.
@ElizabethWallace I don't have a "stubborn" streak. Although my sister says I have.
@sugartoes (21261)
• Greencastle, Indiana
I do that too I live on my computer I eat at my computer so I have to tap mine every so often but that's the LEST of my problems right now that's a EASY fix I need a new tower ha ha ha
A new tower? What is wrong with the current one?
I just shook mine out a couple days ago too. It was loaded. I do the same. It's a hard habit to break, especially when we don't want to take the time away from here to do something as mundane as eating. Work places and schools have the right idea by posting a sign - no food or drinks near computer. I always have my bottle of water here.
Bad habit to brake.
@marlina Yes it is, especially when I was doing real good the last few days about not eating in here, and then my son makes mac and cheese and brings it to me at the computer. Oh well.
@just4him Mac and cheese, yummy!
@AnneEJ (5213)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
My daughter gave me a little vacuum for Christmas to clean my keyboard. It needs doing again. I don't eat here much, but often bring my cup of tea.
That's a cool gift!
@Bluedoll (15834)
Thanks for the reminder. I can't even look at my keyboard right now. I've been dusting but in between the keys has gotten disgusting. Can you eat and clean up right after? I like eating sometimes at the computer.
Since I cleaned my keyboard so well a few days ago, I am more careful now.
@Bluedoll (15834)
@marlina Yes it is a lot of work to do that. I try not to eat over my keyboard but let the crumbs fall on my makeshift desk table. It is only a cookie, muffin or something with a coffee but not often. Do you think I should stop that?
@Bluedoll I am holding my plate so the food crumbs will fall onto it.
@dbherald (503)
I clean my keyboard once in a month.
And how is it?
@dbherald (503)
@marlina It's working properly but daily I notice how many layers of dust is increasing on my keyboard. hahaha
@dbherald That dust! Impossible to escape from it.
@Macarrosel (7463)
Oh, I read that keyboard is one of the dirtiest thing. Good to know you clean it up. Well, I'm using mobile and iPad mini here. So I don't have problems with dirty keyboard.
I don't like to use mobile or IPad for Mylotting.
@marlina well, at first I hated to use them here but later on, it's easy for me.
@UncleJoe (4915)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I had to replace my keyboard after I cleaned it. Apparently they aren't dishwasher safe.
You always have to come up with a smart answer, do you?
I eat and drink at the keyboard too but I know I shouldn't. I don't often have stuff with crumbs though.
You are very selective
Mine is just a little dusty and I need to clean it.
You think that it is just a little dusty until you shake the thing upside down! Then surprise!
@Asylum (39110)
• Manchester, England
Keyboards are notoriously bad for this. I actually change my desktop keyboard on regular occasions, although the option does not exist with a laptop.
My keyboard is not very old.
I'm sure if I turned my keyboard over a whole bunch of crumbs would fall out too. I do it occasionally but probably not often enough
I do it once inn a while, but this morning I really did a good job.
@gudheart (13019)
My screen and keyboard needs a good clean, just too lazy to get it done!
• Vitoria, Spain
Not a bad idea as the future if you get hungry you can take advantage of bread crumbs that fall into your keyboard
Yeah atleast we can try..its not at all easy to stop suddenly all are bad habits but we should try and one day we will reach our goal..
@addy007 (403)
i need to clean them myself, how to clean, ??
@karjatwala (1140)
• Pune, India
I do not eat at the laptop, but dust and other small particles do enter it. I brush it and clean it every now and then.
• Eugene, Oregon
I try not to eat at my computer too, since the keyboard (and our cell phones) are among the dirtiest most germ ridden things we touch.