Paradox- do you know one?

By Hope
@1hopefulman (32412)
I watched a movie entitled Paradox. I didn't like the violence or the movie but the title intrigued me. It was about building a time machine and traveling to the future. However, I did read a story in a magazine once with this paradox. " Everything I say is a lie." Is he telling the truth or is he lying when he says that? Do you know any other paradoxes? Here is a paradox that drives me crazy. Technology is build to save us time and yet it wastes so much of our time. e.g. a computer or the internet
something (such as a situation) that is made up of two opposite things and that seems impossible but is actually true or possible See the full definition…
@Amel94 (1741)
• Serbia
I never watched that movie and that paradox that you wrote is really a paradox. We just waste a lot of time with technologies, it surely do not save our time.
@1hopefulman (32412)
I wouldn't waste time watching the movie, as it s a waste of time. Of course with anything, it may not be the technology that is the problem but a lack of self-control which most of us have very little.
@kaka135 (14115)
I didn't watch the movie, but I agree with you that something can be good and bad for us if we do not use it wisely, such as Internet. But, I think we can still choose to use it wisely, it still depends on us. I just told my son this afternoon, water and fire can be helpful, but can also be harmful to us too.
@salonga (27954)
The Bible is where I could read lots of paradoxes. One of them is this; " Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it."- Luke 17:33
@magallon (18122)
I have some examples here of a paradox which I searched from the internet. A rich man is no richer than a poor man. Nobody goes to that restaurant because it is too crowded. As if these sentences are wrong but is actually correct.
What you say about technology is so true. Here are some paradoxes I like: You can save money by spending it. The beginning of the end “I can resist anything but temptation.” by Oscar Wilde