My Top 25 Johnny Cash Songs: You Dreamer You (#6)

@FourWalls (16231)
For my last entry on the countdowns I have going on currently I turn to the legendary Johnny Cash, who deserves a top 25....or a top 50...or even more! I mean, he released over 80 albums (including the posthumous released), so how can you not find a boatload of greats? #6: You Dreamer You This song has an interesting history. Cash originally recorded it as "Oh What a Dream" for his album The Fabulous Johnny Cash, but left it off the album. He re-recorded the song, as "You Dreamer You," and released it as the B-side of "Frankie's Man Johnny" in 1959. The major difference in the song is the background vocals singing "you dreamer you" instead of "oh, what a dream" in the interludes. I also think "You Dreamer You" has a little more of a "punch" musically. Okay, and we had the 45 when I was little, so I knew "You Dreamer You" for about four decades before I knew he'd originally recorded it as "Oh, What a Dream." Either way, this is a terrific love song. You Dreamer You Written by Johnny Cash Released as the B-side of "Frankie's Man Johnny," 1959 A live version of Johnny singing the song:
Skip navigation UploadSign inSearch Loading... Close Yeah, keep it Undo Close Watch QueueQueueWatch QueueQueue Loading... Watch Queue Queue __count__/__total__ Loading... Find out whyClose doowopbob44 SubscribeSubscribedUnsubscribe366366 Loading... Loadin
More fine vintage Cash.
• Denver, Colorado
I don't think I've heard that before. It's really good, as if you can go wrong with Johnny.
Yeah, Johhny Cash was one of a kind. I can't think of anyone else who even comes close...maybe Elvis! Nobody current..