Enjoy the moment!

@Fleura (4688)
United Kingdom
It's a beautiful morning here! This morning I dropped off Little One at nursery and as I was leaving together with another Mum, one of the staff, just arriving, asked 'So, Ladies, is this sunshine going to stay or is the rain going to return later?' Laughing, I replied 'Oh don't worry about later, just enjoy the sunshine now!' The staff member grumbled that was all very well but it was difficult to know how to dress when the weather kept changing. But afterwards I couldn't help thinking that perhaps that is the way to happiness - enjoy the sunshine while it lasts and don't worry about what will happen afterwards. I guess this is the same lesson many thinkers have been trying to teach us for millennia, as Jesus said when he talked to his followers about the lilies of the field, and no doubt many others did before him. Some truths are universal but every generation still has to learn them anew.
I'm a great believer in 'Carpe Diem'. Your own photo?
@Fleura (4688)
Apparently Dame Judi Dench has had that tattooed on her wrist to mark her 81st birthday! It's my own photo, but not my own flowers.
@jaboUK I saw your comment and I could not resist to post a photo of our fireplace, with the 'Carpe Diem' carving on top.
@LadyDuck Yes, that's lovely ( you've shown it to me before, as I've commented about 'Carpe Diem' before)
• Denmark
What does it say about me that I often go out without an umbrella although there are dark clouds in the sky and later get wet?
@Fleura (4688)
You're an optimist?
• Denmark
@Fleura This seems to be the case, doesn't it?
I think your response was perfect! Beautiful outlook. Nice to see someone be positive!
Live the moment. Enjoy the present. My mantras in life!
We do have a tendency to worry too much about "what's coming next" instead of enjoying the present moment!
This is the essence of life, enjoy the day, every day and do not worry for tomorrow.
@sofssu (14878)
Yup, one passage that I love .. Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.. so magnificent is nature all around us and yet we forget to live the moment worrying about the future.
@Asylum (42806)
• Manchester, England
This is definitely the right way to approach life, but I share the opinion of being unable to know how to dress when the weather is so inconsistent.
@Teep11 (6028)
We should enjoy the sunshine and the rain as well. Both offer growth. It's a glorious day. Enjoy the red of your day.
You are right, its all out there, the trick is to understand and accept.
there is definitely truth to your statement! we do worry too much. it's funny, i tend to go both ways. my mom was always a huge worrier and my dad was not. she's high strung; he's laid back. and of course, the worrying she did drove me nuts (still does). but i seem to be like both of them, a big mix of the two. i worry a lot sometimes. but sometimes i do not. finding the happy medium is what i need to do