Dear son on your party day.

Dear baby boy, Mommy and daddy love you to the moon and back. I hope you had a wonderful birthday party. I am very sorry the heat was so brutal. So brutal to the point that almost all your family had more important things to do and leave early on your special day and couldn't even stay to open your presents. I am so glad you are still so young and pure and won't remember that they abandoned you. You do have people that still care about you though. Some of your mommy and daddy's best friends and your grandma and grandpa on your mommy's side stayed until the very end and even helped clean up. I know some people are not very nice and only think of themselves on your birthday. This day was about you. I know it didn't go exactly as planned, but the people that matter and cared stayed for you and proved how much they love you. Next year we will try to save up some money and hopefully take you to the happiest place on earth: Disney World! We know you will enjoy that. Love, Your parents.
@AutumnSnow (4625)
AWE!! this made me tear up. I hope you all get to make that trip. I so disappointing when adults act like that.
Yeah. I cried a lot that night thinking of him. Some people just only care about themselves.
@DanieGirl80587 so true I had booked a birthday party one time for more daughter and I had to pay in advance and no one showed luckily she didnt know about it she thought it was just for us but I know and was very upset and I let everyone know about it.
@AutumnSnow Oh my God I am so sorry! Must have been heartbreaking for you! Oh I let some of them know I was upset and hurt. They were sorry I was upset and hurt, but they were not sorry they left. Their other plans were more important then a child's party. F them lol.
Very sweet there
Thank you :-)
As long as the people who really cared stayed, then the party was a success.
I try to look on the bright side, but it still hurts knowing his own family couldn't take the heat.
@DanieGirl80587 Well, we have only one child, our son. He is also the only grandchild on my side of the family. My parents, narcissists to the max, had to be forced to attend any celebrations involving our son, and they only lived a mile from our home. They sure missed out on a wonderful child and now an amazing man. I remember my dad asking my sister why Josh did not visit his grandmother in the nursing home. I told my dad, "Josh does not know her."
@Corbin5 Yes this is so true. That is why I encourage my folks who live in TN to visit more so my son knows them and we try to visit them as well. My father in law lives right down the street and sees him barely.My mother in law is non existent, They will be the ones who miss out on this amazing kid.
I know how you feel as a parent when other people shift the focus from the person celebrating his or her birthday. On the brighter side, the people who matter were there to witness your son's special day. Pat on the back for you for making your son feel he's very much loved. Belated happy birthday to him, too.
Thank you! I'm glad there were people that stayed and showed he mattered at his party.
How old is your baby boy. Next year only invite the ones that stayed at the party.
He just turned 2. I'm going to have a very small intimate thing before we take him to Disney if we save up enough money.
@DanieGirl80587 He will have more fun if you wait until he is four to take him there.
@jstory07 Well we shall see how it goes next year. We live right near Orlando, so it won't be a long drive. If he seems interested we'll take him. If not we may do something else.