The deer return to our yard daily now-

@PatZAnthony (13116)
Charlotte, North Carolina
It is funny how the deer in our area seemed fickle for a bit. We were never sure if they would visit us or not. Now it seems we see the dear on our property every day. They enjoy eating the leaves off the young trees and munch on the grass as well. While some are bothered and think the deer are a nuisance, we enjoy these as well as the rabbits that seem to enjoy the back area too! The photo used here was taken by me. Do you have a lot of wildlife where you are?
@patzanthony Beautiful picture! I don't have that many wildlife though my sister called me this morning and found two little very tiny bunnies in her yard while eating breakfast I live more towards the city I saw deer that must have gotten lost, across the street from my house. I loved them, MY mom at the time wasn't thrilled. But her problem I wish i had deer everyday!
@PatZAnthony (13116)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
We love it-but some really don't. When they wander into the higher traffic areas people get nervous. They won't hurt anything intentionally.
@PatZAnthony There was a town south f here that actually had people out shooting the deer because the garden club complained the deer were eating their flowers. Too bad flowers those deer need something to eat, too!
Not that kind of wildlife here in urban big city. There are urban coyotes, raccoons, squirrels and possums. Deer would only be a bother if they were destroying a garden.
@PatZAnthony (13116)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
We have an area to share with the animals that were living here before the humans took over, so we don't care.
@PatZAnthony Yes we keep encroaching on their woodlands and forests.
What a great picture. We have wild rabbits that come through the yard everyday almost. They like to eat some of the fallen bird food it seems. Didn't know they would eat that.
@PatZAnthony (13116)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
That particular deer is in the yard right now. She has gotten where she ignores the barking dogs and people coming and going around her.
@PatZAnthony I think they realize that the dogs can't get to them too.
Buy a bag of deer corn (at a co-op or such place) and put a small pile out - you will find them coming back daily for the corn. I was just watching three in our yard eating corn. They know the sound when my husband shakes the can he uses for the corn...they come running down the hill.
@PatZAnthony (13116)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Did you notice the feed stand near the near? That has something for everyone-and the birds have been amazing this year enjoying the goodies too.
@PatZAnthony I had not noticed the feed stand, just looked at the deer. The doves and crows try to eat the corn first so he won't put it out until the evening or there would be nothing left for the deer.
@RubyHawk (30557)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Not at our complex but my sister who lives in the country sees deer everyday. They had to fence their garden shoulder high to keep the deer out.
@PatZAnthony (13116)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Many here have their gardens protected. Some have a section that is just for the deer and other critters.
@RubyHawk (30557)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@PatZAnthony that's a good idea.
@nanette64 (18096)
• Fairfield, Texas
Oh lordy girl, I've got a zoo here at my place. I've had: deer, coyotes, foxes, wild hogs, squirrels, rabbits, raccoon's and birds of every kind. I never know what will be next @PatZAnthony .
@PatZAnthony (13116)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
It is fun to enjoy whatever shows up!
We don't have much wildlife where i live, and I must say that I wouldn't be too pleased if deer and rabbits started eating my flowers. I gather you don't have any flowers growing?
@PatZAnthony (13116)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
We have many flowers and more! We don't care as much about the green things growing as we do the wildlife.
So nice that the deer have a safe spot to enjoy those leaves from the trees in your yard. Our yard has a 6-foot wood fence surrounding it, so only the birds stop by. Molly, our dog, keeps other critters from trying to get in just by her barking and scent.
@PatZAnthony (13116)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Our dogs will bark if they are outside with us when the deer come near. When inside they don't bark now at the deer or rabbits.
Wghere I live the wildlife comes right into town,
@PatZAnthony (13116)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
We love when things like that happen.
@nomus24g (25206)
No, there's no trace of wildlife in the middle of a city... Good to know that, the deer visits your backyard..
@PatZAnthony (13116)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
We really enjoy having wildlife in the area.
@CRK109 (14403)
Yes we have a lot of wildlife here. Teenagers with fireworks and very loud motorcycles. Wanna swap? LOL
looks beautiful such wilds in farm,unfortunately we dont have such wilds in around
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
We have a ton of wildlife here. I have been told there are deer but they are usually only seen during mating season.
We have not a lot of wildlife, mainly small animals like foxes, ferrets, hedgehogs and badgers. I would like to see deer roaming, they are cute animals.
We do have wildlife and they like to try to get hit by our car.
They sound like our kangaroos. Some days they seem thick on the ground but occasionally there will be several days when we don't see any.
@Teep11 (7198)
Not far away. The deer seems to be looking out. What a blessing to be able to see wildlife up close. Have a great Tuesday.
@Lucky15 (33685)
We don't have any wildlife around here ;(
@Ceerios (4752)
• Goodfellow, Texas
@PatZAnthony - Ms Pat - It surely can be fun and games for folks like you and me to live in the middle of a wildlife heaven. -Gus-
no deers here just a few bad drivers as i live in a med sized city 'dardn 'frove In tusin in the dtustin hills are a flock of deer. durng one bad fires season the flocks came running down Newport ave the main street craxed fire singed runniung from the fire that just missed ''tustin the wild live people had to sedate them then load them into trucks to t ake to a part of caliof ofrests that were not on fire. poor thiings they were so wscared.