Love when Things are in Season

@Elizaby (3980)
Pensacola, Florida
Tonight most everything I fixed for dinner was almost fresh from the field (sister bought new potatoes, field peas and okra the other day along with a couple of other veggies we already cooked and so along with a chuck roast that I seared adding chopped onion and garlic I simmered the new potatoes and fixed the field peas seasoned with a bit of ham and then cut up the okra and pan fried it with some corn meal. I just love when certain vegetables are in season and we can enjoy thing like pan fried okra ( which we only have when you an get okra fresh and young) We have already had summer squash and other veggies. What are some of your seasonal veggie favorites?
@meganval (263)
I love vegetables. It makes me feel healthier and you can also use it as a beauty secret :)
It is lovely to be able to eat fresh vegetables straight from the fields.
@sishy7 (27598)
That pan fried okra sounds delicious... I usually have them in some lamb stew or something when I happen to come across some middle eastern dish...