~I Have No Patience!~

Jacksonville, Florida
I got my cabinets all organized and changed around ready for the Home Schooling year. I did my kids "Back to School" pictures. The last thing I am waiting on is to get all of their school supplies. I am SO ready to do that! I am excited to get this school year started but of course I need supplies first. In order to get those supplies my husband needs to have at least part of a day off of work, since I don't drive! He's been working such long hour days that we haven't had time to get what we need for the year yet. My husband laughs at me because I have SO much patience when it comes to children but anything else I have none! Lol. It is the sad truth... When I am excited for something I want it to happen now. I should work on that... Do you lack patience with certain things?
@antonbunot (9531)
• Calgary, Alberta
As far as children is concerned, I am extremely patient. As far as my wife is concerned, I try my best to be patient; otherwise, I would be one of the patients in the hospital.
@antonbunot Thank you for the laugh-your very smart for being patient with your wife.
• Calgary, Alberta
@LovingMyBabies Yeah, one Sunday while on our way to our Church to attend mass, I had to drive back to our house because she forgot to put on her dentures! When we arrived in the church the priest was already saying - - "The mass has ended, go in peace!"
@dodo19 (33323)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I'm finding that my patience is low on some days. It seems that my kids sometimes like to test it, but I am trying to work on staying calm. However there are days when it's not easy.
@dodo19 I have a ton of patience when it comes to any child but when it comes to waiting for something I want-forget it, I'm not very good at that. Lol Their job is to test our patience though. lol
@dodo19 (33323)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@LovingMyBabies very true. I too sometimes lose my patience when waiting for something. Waiting isn't always easy.
Yes, I am one of very little patience. Always have been. When I taught special needs children, I had patience to spare, but with things that need to be done, my patience is nowhere to be found.
@Corbin5 Yeah I can teach children and work with them all day, I love every second of it but anything else-nope not there. Lol
lol that's funny. Well at least you do with kids and, I have gotten more through the years, but I still don't like waiting.
@TRBRocks420 Yeah I am only really patient when it comes to children-I love working with kids so nothing bothers me with them. Waiting for something I want or waiting for something better to happen in life-nope I struggle with patience big time. Lol.
yes afraid I m guilty of that too as I hate to wait for things and get all antsy
@Hatley Yeah that is how I have been feeling lately!
@LovingMyBabies know what? I think we are human Jennifer lol.
I lack patience in teaching my son. I have very long patience when it comes to teaching other people, but with my own son it's different. Then I recalled how it was with my dad when he was teaching me math, I was too scared of him! I realised, i became my dad.
@toniganzon I'm sorry. =( I used to have that problem with my youngest daughter because she was refusing to learn to read. Then I backed off a little bit and she started reading on her own! I began to realize the more I pushed the more stubborn she would get.
@LovingMyBabies So true. That's why these days, I just tell my son to study on his own and if he's really having some difficulty, he could ask me then. He's doing very well on his own actually.
@OKennedy (1144)
patience is a virtue that many of us lack those who have some understand us I think or at least try to understand us.
@OKennedy Yeah I'm not very good at waiting sometimes.
@OKennedy (1144)
@LovingMyBabies I am the same way waiting drives me insane especially when its something you want or you need it seems like every second drags out.
@RubyHawk (28260)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I didn't know you home schooled your children. it seems like a hard job, you must have very cooperative children.
@RubyHawk Yes, I have since they started school. We love it. =) It's not as hard as most people think, plus I love spending every minute with my kids which makes it much easier. =) Their good kids-but like all children they have their moments. Lol
@RubyHawk (28260)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@LovingMyBabies All kids have their moments. My sister in law tried home schooling her granddaughter, but it didn't work for her. I think she had a hard time getting the girl to study and do her work.
@magallon (18124)
I think I always have patience in me.
@magallon With everything? That's quite impressive!
@magallon (18124)
@LovingMyBabies But I notice I'm losing those patience when I ordered food in a resto but had let me wait for it for a long time.
I do lack patience. If there is something that the kids need to do I will loose patience trying to remind them continuously because I am afraid I will forget and then it won't get done. I hate that!!
@celticeagle Lol, I think most of us do with some things at least. Things being forgotten that are important is never a good thing.
@LovingMyBabies ....I have to make a list when I have things going on.
@Platespinner (17025)
I know you don't like the idea of driving, but you might want to consider getting your license. When my kids were younger we kept outside activities to a minimum so we didn't have to spend a lot of time on the road, but as they have become teenagers there have been a lot of opportunities that they would have missed out on if I didn't drive.
@Platespinner I know your right, I just don't know if I will ever be able to overcome that fear of mine. I just don't know.
@LovingMyBabies If you start in a big empty parkinglot to get used to handling a car, and then stick with lightly traveled roads for a while it's not that bad. I still don't much care for city driving, but I can do it if I have to.
@zarlamain (24889)
I think that's wonderful that you are patient with children and don't rush them. It's natural to be impatient about some things. I can be impatient during meetings when they get so long.
@zarlamain Thank you, I have always been patient with kids. Other things however...not so much. Lol
@zarlamain (24889)
@LovingMyBabies So funny! Well, it's good that you are being patient with kids. They appreciate that!
There are many things I lack patience with. I would be tempted to order the supplies online, but I know you can only do that if you have funds to do so.
@GardenGerty Yeah I don't have enough money in my Paypal or I would so do that! I only have the money in cash to use for the supplies.
@acelawrites (12178)
It could be really so exciting for you and for the children to start the schoolyear. Yes, I am like that too, when I wanted something I wanted it done soon! Makes me so happy.
@acelawrites Yeah, I have some really exciting things planned and I saved up the money for supplies myself so I am excited to go school shopping! Ugh...hate waiting.
somethings I do.
@amadeo I think we all lose our patience over something.
I try to have patience but it isn't always something that works for me my grandson was just saying that he's sad because all the school supplies are in the stores already which means school is right around the corner
@Marilynda1225 Yeah, I have no patience for waiting when it's something that I'm excited about! I think most kids feel the same way your grandson feels.
I am basically like you on this one.
@marlina I hate waiting when I am so excited to start!
@miniam (9235)
• Bern, Switzerland
Im same, lf i want something, l want it now and done with so l can move to other things
@miniam Yeah, I didn't realize how impatient I truly am until recently.
I am the same way. I hate waiting around. When an idea comes to me I want it done right away.
@shaggin Yes! I have been looking up all these cool looking ideas for this year and I am ready to get started.
@Vivenda (588)
• Portsmouth, England
I'm afraid I had very little patience with my children when they were small. My husband was a much better parent than I was. However, from the time they were about 10 I came into my own, and really valued their company through teenage years. They are both in their 30s now, and we are great friends.
@Vivenda We live and we learn, we do the best that we can. Now that they are older it's good that your friends. =)