Return from a wonderful morning

Good afternoon,we just got back from our wonderful morning at the lake. The water was warm.It was so relaxing before the crowds will come. the name of the Lake is Wentworth.Who at one time was the Governor of NH. This is a very resort town. The oldest resort in New Hampshire. Many.,many famous people visit this town.The name is Wolfboro NH Mitt Romney has a house there.Big.Then the crowd came as we left. does anyone here go to the beach or lake? The photo is mine.the first photo of a shot of the Lake
There is a bay not far from us that we will drive to. Its nice to enjoy the breeze off of the water, and bring a picnic or watch a sunset.
@Juliaacv now that what I call a lovely day or night.Great.
@amadeo I remember when our son was a teenager, and if he was home for an evening in the summer, we'd take a picnic and a little grill and have supper out at the Bay, he used to tell us that supper never tasted so good as it did out there.
@Juliaacv that is fun there.something to remember
• Midland, Michigan
I was going to say that if I had a beach and lake nearby I'd be there constantly, but I guess that was when I WAS YOUNGER, I don't have time for that anymore. I lived a block from the beach when I lived in CT, and we spent all our extra time there wandering the beach, walking in the waves and picking up shells while talking to people.
@MarshaMusselman those must have been great times.
• Midland, Michigan
@amadeo It was and I wish it could have lasted more than the one year. But, at least we had that. If ever we get out of debt and can travel a bit more than we can now, maybe I can take my family to that area for a short visit. That would be fun.
I have not been to a lake in ten years.
@teamfreak16 Scott why is that?are you a swimmer?
@amadeo - No, I'm not much for swimming, but we also don't have a lake that is convenient for me to get to. The good ones are up in the mountains, and we don't own a car.
@Raelove (16820)
• Saco, Maine
Our beaches here are too crowded in the summer, and most require an expensive parking permit, so I go only after hours, or in the off-season when it's deserted. The same applies to lakes, and I'm too private a person, so I prefer to wait till the summer is over.
@Raelove the state park is free to seniors here.All you have to show your driver license The lake is not as crowded like the beach
@Raelove (16820)
• Saco, Maine
@amadeo We have no such benefits here. It's free to me in Saco, but Saco only has two small beaches. If I go to Biddeford, I wait till after 5, when I don't need a permit. Most of our ponds don't have public access, so the only way to get at them is if you visit someone there.
@crossbones27 (17474)
• Redlands, California
I used to go to the beach every weekend, but now not so much. Glad you were there enforcing the rules and I think Mitt Romney has a house everywhere.
@crossbones27 yes he has houses everywhere.
Not in a very long time. But glad that you enjoyed your morning out there.
@Susan2015 thank you.
Looks a lovely place Alfredo. You have the right idea - go early then leave before it fets crowded.
@jaboUk yes we have been doing this for years.As I get older try to avoid crowds.Been there and done that.No more
@nomus24g (20392)
That's wonderful photo...seems you enjoyed a lot
@nomus24g that you.Yes,very much so.
@AutumnSnow (4586)
I havent been this summer which is really strange Im hoping we can go at least once before summer is over with. That looks like a wonderful place.
@AutumnSnow It was.We have many lovely state park here.With great view
We are beach people. We were going to go today but it is supposed to thunder.
@NJ Chicaa so are we.This is the first time this year for the lake.I live to have a swim free style now and then.
You look guilty. Were you fishing from the beach?
@JohnRoberts no John.Just to let the folks know no fishing.I always look guilty.
I used to go d own to Newport beach and walk along the beach and enjoy being there at the vasgt Pacific have not been for ages miss that so much