Shopping: Snooze, You Lose! My Vent of the Evening...

I went a little crazy in the shoe department today, and ended up purchasing 8 pairs of sandals! (Which I will be giving some to my mom too.) Anyway, on the vent: While shopping, THIS LADY pointed at me and went HEY! What size are you? I gave her a simple answer, 7.5. She then blurted, GOOD - because you have all the cute sandals in your hand. But the real answer is: I am a size 7.5 but I can also fit a size 7 and 8 also depending on the brand, style, selection and some brands/style only offers whole sizes. I grabbed sandals in size 7, 7.5, 8 that I tried on, but I didn't feel the need to have to tell or explain to her. I handed all my sandals to the employee to get the mates. Then the lady sees I handed some size 8 and goes, Oh she told me she's a size 7.5. Well, so? And she asks the employee if there are anymore? The employee goes No, what's out on the racks is all we have. Then the employee blurted, you snooze, you lose, which I think made the LADY even more upset. She was glaring at my sandals I was purchasing and said something along the lines of "well, she's going to give them to me". SORRY, but the sandals I found didn't magically appear right in front of my eyes, I had to search for them like they were hidden treasure - up/down the racks, behind other shoes and some were misplaced in the wrong size section! There were plenty of the same styles out on the racks but she didn't even look for them. Not my fault. My boyfriend and I just laughed and continued on shopping!
One reason why I try to do as much shopping as I can online. Can't stand the people.
I have to agree that's why I shop online too
I've been doing some online shopping lately too Yeah I don't like it when people talk to me while I shop!
@zarlamain (24146)
She's going to give them to me? Yeah, right. She should've searched for more of the same type of sandals instead of obsessing over yours. I'm glad you just laughed it off and continued shopping. I had a bad shopping experience last month at Macy's with this employee who glared at me for no reason at the shoe department and I haven't been back there since.
Yeah. She was just sitting there waiting like I'm going to try them on and deny them to give to her. I didn't have to try them on because I knew my size. I had a horrible experience too from the price I told you about last time so I haven't been looking at clothes - just shoes/bags and out I go.
@zarlamain (24146)
@infatuatedbby I know, right? She should've just searched for other shoes instead of waiting for you. Yes, I remember that with that employee acting like she owns the place. I haven't been to Macy's since. They need to screen their employees better.
@zarlamain Yeah, she was just LAZY and didn't want to look. Yep, I totally agree. Though I love the store not the people on the 2nd floor where I shop so I haven't been shopping for clothes only online. Speaking of Macys - I do have to go tomorrow.. Will be bringing my mom and aunt!
Glad you got some nice sandals, that is a lot though lol, but true you snooze you lose.
You can't go wrong with having too many sandals especially in California weather.
@infatuatedbby That's true. I need to get some winter boots soon.
@TRBRocks420 My favorite season is around the corner :)
You meet the craziest people when you shop but glad you didn't give up your sandals to that lady
Yeah! I won't give it up to her. She can go find them herself!
• Bangalore, India
haha, peculiar experience.
Very annoying lol!
@Vjvals (939)
• Roseville, California
People following others too closely
Yeah totally.
@sishy7 (27736)
They must be having some great sales in there or something...
Ah yes! Though I have to go back because a pair I got is wrong. One pair was a 7, and the other a 8!
@sishy7 (27736)
@infatuatedbby That happens during some big sales frenzy...
@sishy7 Yes its a pain!
@Jackalyn (6549)
• Oxford, England
This is one reason why I wait till the crowds die down. I just don't need other customers fighting me for a bargain. I don't know why people go crazy in sales.
@Mike197602 (13399)
• Worcester, England
I think you're a shopaholic
Haha! I did a lot of online shopping these past couple of days too. Eagerly awaiting the packages!!
@Mike197602 (13399)
• Worcester, England
@infatuatedbby You need to go to rehab
Get AMY OST now: http://po.st/AMYOST3 Listen back to ‘Frank’, ‘Back To Black’, and ‘Lioness: Hidden Treasures’, the Amy Winehouse albums, now: http://po.st/A...
@Mike197602 Shopping rehab?
@amandajay (18085)
• Sri Lanka
Poor Lady... May be she is still looking for that...