Your Favorite Book Series As a Kid

@Hate2Iron (7857)
Mine had to be Trixie Beldon. It was about a bunch of friends who solved mysteries... who wouldn't want to be part of that! And, they were always talking about food lol. I think the author must have known that the fastest way to a kids heart is through their stomach. It sure was with me! I don't know what book it was, but I remember Trixie being invited into someone's house for chocolate cake and spiced grape juice. I must have been about ten years old and I never forgot that!! Chocolate cake and grape juice. I could eat it right now and I'm not 10 anymore!!!
@CinnamonGrl (5807)
• Paradise, California
I'd forgotten about Trixie! I read those too. Also there was another one about a teenager called Polly French. Later I read Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys.
@Cinnamongirl I am also a fan of both Nancy Drew and the Hardy boys. I never read the Trixie books Who was the author of them? I will see if i can find any!
@hate2iron MNY favorite book series as a child into young adult age were the Sweet Valley High books and the Fear Street series!
@patgalca (14414)
• Orangeville, Ontario
@Marty1 My daughter read the Sweet Valley High books. They weren't around when I was a kid, obviously. She also read the Clique series.
@patgalca I never heard of the clique series. Do you by chance know the author? Maybe i read them and just didn't realize it was a series? Did your daughter read Sweet Valley University? I didn't like those as much as the high school part of the series? I thought they got into two deep of topics that made it not as fun to read! I looked forward to the light reading of them. Or it might have been i was too old as did not discover the SVH books until 1990 right after I graduated hight school that year!
@patgalca (14414)
• Orangeville, Ontario
@Marty1 The Clique series of books was written by Lisi Harrison. There are quite of few books by that title so make sure you got the right author. My daughter is currently 23 so this was probably about 10 years ago. She insisted on getting every book in the series and still has them.
@CRK109 (14465)
My taste is very similar to yours! My favorite series was Nancy Drew, who was a teenage detective. She solved mysteries with her boyfriend and other friends. I don't think I ever read all the books in the series but I loved the ones I did read!
@crk109 I forgot about Nancy Drew she was the best! I didn't read all the books in the series either but look for them on my book clubs! I also look for her when I get to the half price bookstore Thanks for reminding me!!
@CRK109 (14465)
@Marty1 My pleasure! They even made some very old black and white movies about Nancy, and I happened to come across them on TV one Saturday afternoon. Talk about fun!
@patgalca (14414)
• Orangeville, Ontario
I read Trixie Belden as well. I don't remember anything about the stories. There was also the Bobbsey Twins who also solved mysteries. Of course these all led me to Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys. THOSE stories I remember.
@nomus24g (23006)
I always loved Noddy and Tintin
Mine was the Little House series. I must have read and re-read that series like two dozen times.
• Pune, India
Mine was Harry Potter. The magical world enthralled me. It still does. I was gutted to not receive my Hogwarts letter at 11.
• Mumbai, India
as a child I loved little house series.
I only ever read a couple of the Trixie Beldon books. I guess most of ours were more British oriented - Secret Seven, Famous Five, etc and I had dozens of pony books.
@responsiveme (16399)
I read a trixie Beldon book ...don't remember the name. Used to love the Enid Blyton series.
I read a few Trixie Belden as a kid along with Nancy Drew and Brains Benton. The Hardy Boys were my favorite.
@RubyHawk (25455)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Swiss Family Robinson was one of my favorites, also Girl of the Limberlost. I loved lots of books.
@rina110383 (24134)
Mine were Sweet Valley High and Archie Comics.
I remember those book and I remember that volume with the chocolate cake and grape juice.lol I remember eating that back then too after reading about it. Yes it still would be good. Should give it a try. My favorite book series were the Nancy Drew Mystery Stories. There were 56 volumes. I use to go to the library and check them out.