Here's Your Sign...

@moffittjc (45376)
Gainesville, Florida
Florida's first cold snap of the season pushed through last night, and temps are expected to be in the mid-40's tonight (about 8 C), and as expected, people will be lighting their first fires of the season. So, I wasn't surprised at all today to see firewood being offered for sale all over town, but one particular sign caught my attention as I was driving home from work. It was a hand-written sign in somebody's front yard, and it said: "FREE firewood for sale!" Huh?
Did you take wood home? :)
@moffittjc (45376)
• Gainesville, Florida
I have all the wood I need! Just so you know, I so could have made an inappropriate comment about your question! hahaha
@moffittj Well I would assume you take your wood home everyday lol! But really did you take the "free" wood home? Haha yes I know lol
@moffittjc (45376)
• Gainesville, Florida
@infatuatedbby Haha, yes, I carry my wood with me everywhere! I'm really attached to it! No, I did not take any free wood home.
@5thHouse (1692)
• Sheffield, England
It's still quite mild here. I didn't need to put on my thermal top for running this morning. Was fine in a thin T-shirt.
@5thHouse (1692)
• Sheffield, England
@moffittjc I have a fuschia pink sports bra which matches my fuschia pink face after my exertions!
@moffittjc (45376)
• Gainesville, Florida
@5thHouse I like fuchsia pink! Hey, when you start competing in competitive 5K races, you should sign up for a bunch of the Disney World races here in Florida! They offer 5K's, 10K's, half-marathons and marathons all the time. And Disney gives some amazing medals to the participants and winners! Plus, it would be a good excuse to go to Disney World! And I'd come cheer you on!
@5thHouse (1692)
• Sheffield, England
@moffittjc Sounds like a good reason to come to Florida. I think I would enjoy that, although running in the heat might be a shock to the system after our colder climes. I think I'd be more interested in the Everglades than Disney though if I did have a holiday in Florida.
@FayeHazel (20033)
Lol. Free firewood for sale, .. that's a good one. It's like when I can't find a price on something I want I say "what is it free or something?" lol
@moffittjc (45376)
• Gainesville, Florida
I always say something like that to the cashier at the checkout line whenever she has trouble getting something to scan. I always say, "if it doesn't scan on the third try, then it means I get the item for free!" Nothing like putting a little pressure on the cashier!
@FayeHazel (20033)
@moffittjc lol, that is fantastic. Ah now if it could be true...
@moffittjc (45376)
• Gainesville, Florida
@FayeHazel Hahah, yeah, if that would be true, then I would be rubbing off, peeling off, or otherwise destroying all the UPC codes on every product when I shopped!
That is chilly, stay warm. I like the free firewood. What a thoughtful and caring person.
@moffittjc (45376)
• Gainesville, Florida
I don't think their intent was to give it away for free! I think they were planning on selling it, but weren't thinking too clearly when they made their sign!
@moffittjc lol that may have been so.
@TheSojourner (17304)
Sounds like there is someone with a heart or with a sense of humor.
@moffittjc (45376)
• Gainesville, Florida
I think it is more like someone who is lacking in the education department.
@moffittjc Might very well be!
That sounds like the right price to me grow my own free firewood. We had a rotten stump we pulled out and it burned rather nicely in our fire pit..
@moffittjc (45376)
• Gainesville, Florida
i always try to prepare ahead of time by finding people throughout the year cutting or thinning the oak trees in their yards. It was easy this year, because after Hurricanes Hermine and Matthew came through, there was plenty of oak firewood all over the place! It takes forever to light, but it buns for a long, long time!
That is a confusing sign! Lol. It's quite chilly tonight.
@moffittjc (45376)
• Gainesville, Florida
Exactly how much does free firewood cost, anyway?
I need to take a pic of the sign that reads " brown egg for sale"
@moffittjc (45376)
• Gainesville, Florida
Just one brown egg for sale? I'd be more interested if it said gold egg for sale! lol
• Eugene, Oregon
That is a confusing sign alright. We are having similar night temps and only 60s in the days.
@moffittjc (45376)
• Gainesville, Florida
Sometimes I don't think people think before they write stuff.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
It has been windy as heck here.
@moffittjc (45376)
• Gainesville, Florida
Really? We've had absolutely no wind at all, and it was nice and cool all day today. Can't wait for it to get cold tonight! Got a fire going in the fireplace!
oh really wow theres a mixed message for you How much I wonder will they charge for that f ree firewood how funny looks like some one was not thinking lol lol
@moffittjc (45376)
• Gainesville, Florida
I wonder if they would get mad if I just stopped by and started loading the firewood in my truck? It would be interesting to see what they say to me!
• Rochester, New York
How much was the free firewood? Did you stop to inquire?
@moffittjc (45376)
• Gainesville, Florida
Haha, no, but I should have stopped and asked! I already have all my firewood ready to go for this winter!
I'm sure it caught many people's attention. It's either free or it's for sale, which is it?