Edgar Allan Poe Haunts My Vacuum Cleaner

Photo taken by me – question mark
Preston, England
Edgar Allan Poe wrote one of the simplest and yet most effective short horror stories of all time, The Tell-Tale Heart. It deals with a murderer who hides the body of his victim under the floorboards in his house. He thinks he is safe from capture but the victim’s heart-beat haunts him, driving him insane, if he isn’t already crazy. When the police visit he is so convinced that they can hear the heart too that he gives his crime away trying to dig up the body to shut it up though the victim is long since dead. Switch to now when my vacuum cleaner seems to clear every crumb and speck of dirt off my carpet and I think I did a great job of tidying up only for the crud to return or come out of hiding when the vacuum is switched off and I notice flakes of detritus when entertaining visitors. It drives me crazy wondering if my guests notice it too. Could Poe be haunting my vacuum cleaner? Arthur Chappell
@Asylum (48107)
• Manchester, England
Maybe you should put it bag on the vacuum to catch the dirt and stop it from falling out of the back on to the floor.
• Preston, England
@Asylum I think my vacuum cleaner is rather like this one
See what happens when you're messing with a persistent fly..
Edgar could be haunting your vacuum cleaner. I wonder if Mr. Poe is haunting many who end up going completely mad?
• Preston, England
@Corbin5 Poe and H P Lovecraft certainly
My daughter and I love Poe. A serial killer in the UK did this same thing in real life. Ugh! The supposed heart beat didn't give him away, the smell did.
• Preston, England
@celticeagle I remember that case or one like it - it was the one where a guy hired by neighbours to investigate blocked drains found where the killer had been shoving them in bits down the sink and loo for years
@arthurchappell .....Yes, and had his latest victim in under the floor boards.
@magallon (17408)
I love Edgar Allan Poe' s poems...
• Preston, England
@magallon A brilliant writer all round
@magallon (17408)
@arthurchappell yes. He really is.
• Riga, Latvia
Well I don't know about Poe but this got me interested and you might check this out. Spooky stuff.
Going beyond the infamous "Chucky" doll, haunted objects are just another form of paranormal phenomena.
• Preston, England
@RasmaSandra novel idea though my haunted vacuum is not a concept I take seriously - not sure if exorcism comes under the warranty agreements on electrical goods
Not unless a black cat was sucked into your vacuum cleaner.
I've had this happen too. It seems almost impossible to get all the dust and dirt up in one go.
@Julie555 (2561)
Edgar Allan Poe stories are really creepy.Affecting not only humans, but household devices as well
Quothe the vacuum, "Nevermore."
• Rochester, New York
Hmm I think he would haunt your vacuum if he thought it would shake you up a bit... you know to keep you on your toes.
This happens to me all the time. ALL THE TIME! It's so bluddy frustrating!
I suppose it is possible, if you start emptying the bin and find black feathers...well then you can be sure.