It was really slippery in Montreal today!

@1hopefulman (12434)
Winter can be hazardous at times. I went out for a walk and almost fell a few times as there were some very icy spots. I made it back ok but take a look at this as there are some hilly parts of the city where it was extremely slippery. This is a video of one slippery spot! I hope no one was seriously hurt!
Got to work and there was an insane pileup happening outside. Accident happened at 10am on Dec 5, Beaver Hall and Viger in Montreal To use this video in a co...
@Morleyhunt (10563)
• Niagara Falls, Ontario
I had no idea how to attach a YouTube video or I would have shared the same clip.
• Midland, Michigan
You just copy and paste the link at the end of your post after leaving a few blank lines, Morley. It works the same as adding any type of link.
@sugartoes (21300)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Morleyhunt it's real easy on how to attach a video on here if you know how to copy & paste that's basically the way to do it you copy paste the TOP URL link then paste it on what ever you want to put it BUT if it DON'T TAKE you just recopy the link you have & delete the one you put on there & re paste it on there till it takes. if you want I can make a video of it for you
@1hopefulman (12434)
@Morleyhunt As others have explained, it is a very easy thing to attach a YouTube video. Copy and paste and presto it is done!
@Platespinner (13188)
This is why I try to stay safely at home when it's icy outside!
@1hopefulman (12434)
That is the wise thing to do as icy weather is very dangerous.
Be careful.
@1hopefulman (12434)
I usually am but at times even with being careful accidents happen.
@1hopefulman I know.
@Bluedoll (15847)
I'm glad that no one was hurt. Please do be careful. This aside am I the only one that finds this video funny?
@1hopefulman (12434)
Yes, it was a miracle no one was hurt. Knowing that, we can all now laugh and are warned of the dangers of winter weather.
@Bluedoll (15847)
well they weren't going that fast though someone could get run over and that would have been sad. I just thought the police car going backwards and the salt/sand truck running into it was a attempt to fix the problem gone wrong.
@1hopefulman (12434)
@Bluedoll Yes, it may just have been a comedy of errors!
i'm glad to read that'cha didn't get injured, hon. i've yet to figure where folks'n their common sense departed? heck, we always tossed the mud/snow tires'n, put weight'n the back ends'f our vehicles'n e'en chains if need be.
@1hopefulman (12434)
Yes, thankfully no one was hurt! It seems that someone forgot to salt that spot that morning and no one expected that it would be icy there. Mistakes happen! Look at that airplane where the soccer team was killed. Apparantly, they ran out of fuel.
@1hopefulman sadly the vast majority 'f "accidents" could'a been avoided if'n folks'd jest paid more mind. my heart goes out to all 'f those families/friends who're now strugglin' o'er their losses due to the neglect 'f others.
@1hopefulman (12434)
Wow that's crazy. I hope everybody was okay. I wonder how many more vehicle were involved before it was over.
@1hopefulman (12434)
Yes, no one was hurt in spite of the horrible situation. I think they closed the street soon after.
@1hopefulman Well that is good then.
What a mess! I saw that on the news. At least no one was hurt.
@1hopefulman (12434)
Yes, it could have been much worse. There were a number of other accidents also but no deaths or serious injuries.
Hope that doesn't happen here, that's the bad thing about winter time.
@1hopefulman (12434)
I hope so too! I've seen a few other videos on YouTube of hazardous weather and the dangers of vehicle accidents. Not pretty! I remember some years back going to Vermont for my honeymoon and the weather just kepr getting worse and worse and a truck passed me and made me lose control of my car. I spun around and headed for the ditch. Thankfully, we were not hurt. We found a motel and stayed there for the night and resumed our journey next day when the weather cleared. At the resort, we found out that many accidents had taken place. I tried to avoid driving in bad weather when I can.
@dodo19 (20444)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Yeah, I saw the video on facebook. It's pretty bad. Obviously this is not a good situation to be in, but it could have been a lot worse.
@1hopefulman (12434)
Yes, I first saw the video on Facebook but the ice was in many places and personally was slip sliding as I went to do some errands.
@dodo19 (20444)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@1hopefulman It's definitely been a slippery week. There's ice all over the place.
@1hopefulman (12434)
@dodo19 Last night wasn't bad and I may not go out today. I live in Ville Saint-Laurent. What part of town do you live in? Do you live on St. Dominique?
I have seen this in the news early this morning. It's scary to be on hilly roads when it is frozen.
Icy roads are so dangerous.
@marlina The ice is worst than the snow, people do not realize how dangerous it is.
@1hopefulman (12434)
@LadyDuck @marlina Yes it is scary and the video has made Montreal famous as millions of people will have seen it. We have some amazing skating spots and sometimes many roads become skating rinks.
Goodness, that is terrible. It seems there is absolutely nothing those drivers can do to stop this happening.
@1hopefulman (12434)
Not much! It was a downhill skating ring. Thankfully no one was hurt and we can now have a good laugh. But winter has only started and there will be more hazards in the days ahead.
@1hopefulman The panel-beaters will be doing a roaring trade fixing all the bumps and dents.
@1hopefulman (12434)
@JudyEv True! Isn't it funny that with every disaster there are some that may not exactly rejoice but are happy for the business it brings them?
What an awful mess!
@1hopefulman (12434)
Yes, I must confess it was a real mess and it caused a lot of stress
@1hopefulman Lots of stress on days like this one.
Wow! Ice can be so dangerous. That's one of the reasons we go to Florida. The other reasons are to get away from the cold, bitter winds, and snow.
@1hopefulman (12434)
Yes, ice is not nice on the roads! I don't blame you for wanting to get away. Enjoy the nice weather!
@1hopefulman Thank you. It appears that we headed down just before a cold snap.
It's the time of year for the snow and ice. But never look forward to it.
@1hopefulman (12434)
Well, snow can be very beautiful and ice is nice for skating but on the roads and sidewalks it can be hazardous and I hope everyone will be extra careful.
This just offers people more reason to be AWARE of their present conditions, like icy surfaces, and be more cautious
@1hopefulman (12434)
Yes, it is winter and the weather can wreak havoc and we all need to be careful.
@sugartoes (21300)
• Greencastle, Indiana
it is very dangerous when roads are froze & you don't see it that's why we try & stock up everything we need a head of time. We live in a holler so getting on the MAIN road is hard to do so we get stocked up on everything we need for like 4 mos. but we mainly just stay home most the winter.
@1hopefulman (12434)
If one can do that, then it's great. But many still need to go to work and a city with hills can be dangerous on some days when ice forms, as we saw. The good thing is that no one was hurt.
@montero (4728)
It is a period to be very careful and a period when inexperience driver should not be driving.
@1hopefulman (12434)
That is true but accidents do happen when icy spots like that one in the video suddenly appear and especially on a hilly spot. We are glad to say that no one was hurt.
• Marion, Kansas
I have lots of hills around here, but this is my second year here and so far no ice and snow. I am hoping that if such occurs we cancel school and everything so I can just stay at home.
@1hopefulman (12434)
Yes, some pecautions can be taken and many accidents can be prevented but sometimes, hazards appear unexpecteedly and accidents happen. I have been living in Montreal for 56 years and have seen a few winter hazards and been in a few.
In the past I travelled to Harbin, a very north city in my country. It is cold in winter there. And you are right, it is so slippery in winter because of the snow. Sometimes I even fell down on the ground. I must walk so carefully. But besides it, it was lots of fun in the snow.
@1hopefulman (12434)
Yes, most of the times we enjoy the snow and have fun skating but once in a while the unexpected happens and that is what happened in that video but thankfully no one was hurt and now we can all laugh about it. The video is also a reminder of what can happen and we need to be very cautious.
• Eugene, Oregon
Holy crow, what a mess that was!
@1hopefulman (12434)
So true! The poor policeman will have an exciting story to tell for many years.