WOW!! Early Christmas Present!

The principal at our school just won an early Christmas present for his family. With his basketball skills he won $5000. He deserves it, as educators do not make a lot of money and even his wife does a lot of volunteering with the school. He was at a basketball game at Emporia State University and was selected for a challenge to shoot some hoops. In thirty seconds he made a layup, a three pointer, a half court shot and a free throw. My husband watched the video and said it was even more impressive because he had to retrieve all the balls himself. Did I mention that he is a really good and involved principal? He helps settle things down when our kiddos in our "structured classroom" may be have a bad day or a bad behavior, giving stern words when called for, and hugs when needed. It could not have happened for a nicer person. I included a link to the KWCH video.
Justin Wasmuth, a principal at Marion Elementary School hit a layup, free throw, three-pointer and half court shot in 30 seconds to win $5000 in the Modern Air Heat It Up Challenge at halftime of the Lady Hornets 85-51 win over Lindenwood.
@Platespinner (17045)
Stories like that make me smile! Thanks for sharing it!
It is a great thing, and smiles are very valuable.
What did he win?
Oh, darn, did I leave that out? He won $5000.
@AbbyGreenhill thanks for the heads up, I edited.
@GardenGerty Wow - good for him!!!!
Wow that was very impressive! Good for me! Nice to see good things happen for good people!!
It is good to see someone win that you know personally and you know is a good person.
• Boone, North Carolina
@GardenGerty Agreed! It's good to cheer on strangers as we cross paths - yet to cheer on someone you know & admire as they are recognized for their worth to the community - that's special. Hang on to these memories and support him in his position :)
He really deserves that? Do you deserve something more on christmus?
I think he does deserve it. He demonstrated the skills called for and works hard. I feel like in the building we have been given lots of recognition as well.
@GardenGerty That's so nice
@marsha32 (6691)
You can tell that I don't watch the news because I wasn't aware of this! How cool though.
Someone at school told me about it and then it was in my yahoo news.
Good for him.
Yes, he is such a nice guy and has a large family. I am sure that it will be put to good use.
Wow! That is quite a gift. And, sounds like not a nicer guy for it to happen to. Was it planned? I think teachers and principals and all school workers need to make more.
No, I do not think it was planned. I believe it was a big game for his Alma Mater and he went and he happened to be chosen. This is a yearly event though. Yes, educators hold so much of the future and they should be well paid.
@fishtiger58 (30320)
• Momence, Illinois
wow totally awesome
The school certainly enjoyed hearing this. He is a hero in the building.
@PatZAnthony (12871)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
It is nice when someone who deserves to win actually wins!
Yes, and you know it was not a set up.
So good to hear that a wonderful person received an early Christmas gift!!! A well-deserved gift it was!
I do think it was well deserved and the recognition is good along with the prize.
oh nice amount he won too!
And it was a good time of year to receive it.
I love hearing gfood news luike thgat anad to a r eally deserving person like your principal thats wonderful
I am glad to share some happy news. It is good any time of year.
@GardenGerty That's Awesome! Loved the video. Had to cut and past to see it but was well worth it. Here is the video for those who couldn't get it.
Hey@Berniezeitler thanks for that. I do not know why it did not work when I pasted it in. I felt like it was a different kind of post and might be interesting to share.