A Carol for the kids.

Greece
This Christmas I had the pleasure of hearing one of my carols sung at the Carol Service. I had written it to the tune of Sing a Song of Sixpence and gave it to the youth leaders to use if they needed something new to sing. The advantage being that the children knew the tune. They made a brave attempt at singing it, The Song of Christmas (To the tune: sing a song of sixpence) Sing a song of Christmas The Prince of Peace is born, Angels sing to Shepherds Early Christmas morn. The Light of Heaven lies sleeping, His star shines bright above. The song of Christmas celebrates Our Father’s gift of love. Sing a song of Christmas When wise men from afar Found their way to Jesus Guided by a star. Bowing down they worshipped Brought treasures for a King, The song of Christmas is a song That wise men love to sing. copyright Marion Caragounis.
@xFiacre (3870)
@41combedaleroad I see how that would work with primary school kids. We recently did Jesus loves me to the tume of doh a deer - quite a theatrical performance!
• Greece
They are often funny without trying too hard. I don 't know the doh a deer song but it sounds like it was fun.
@xFiacre (3870)
@41CombedaleRoad Oh yes you do - Doh a deer a female deer - Sound of music???
@Platespinner (19305)
I just mentally sang it and found myself tripping over the lyrics. Beautiful words, but Sing a Song of Six Pence moves a little quickly
• Greece
There are two tunes, one the Americans sing and one the Brits sing. It worked with the British tune but if you shorten Heaven to H'ven it might help. The British tune is very brisk.
• Raurkela, India
A nice carol.I learnt and sang 'Sing a song of sixpence' in my kindergarten school.
@responsiveme (14290)
Thats a beautiful carol...you must have been so pleased to actually hear it being sung.
This is a lovely carol. It is a good idea to use a familiar tune - makes learning a lot easier.
Oh, I bet it was wonderful to watch the kids perform that song you wrote for them!
This is a beautiful song, I love the lyrics.
That must have been awesome to hear!