Did You Make a New Year's Resolution or Have Hope for the Coming Year?

Photo courtesy of morguefile.com
Laguna Woods, California
Do you make New Year's Eve resolutions? I don't really make resolutions, but I do have "hopes" for the future. I hope that I can lose some weight this year; I hope I can find something I agree with Trump about ... it will make his presidency more bearable; I hope my husband's health does not decline during 2017 ... the status quo is manageable; I hope the rest of our family remains in good health and continues to do well in the coming year; I hope that my latest book on retirement gets published and is a success. There are probably other hopes I have for the coming year, but I think these are the main ones. What about you? Do you have any New Year's resolutions or hopes for the coming year?
I have no resolutions and I have no expectation. The year started with the news of the killing of 38 innocent peoplein a nightclub in Istanbul. Nothing changed from the previous year.
• Laguna Woods, California
@LadyDuck - You are right; this year is off to a sad start. Nothing has changed from last year. I hope things get better and not worse, however.
@DeborahDiane We can only hope, there is nothing we can do.
• Laguna Woods, California
@LadyDuck - I agree that there is nothing else we can do, other than hope. I'm trying to have a positive outlook, although it is harder some days than others.
I never have really but in spite of that, we really did change our lives last year with exercise. I did it for my husband to fight his Parkinson's but I benefited in so many ways myself.
• Laguna Woods, California
@BelleStarr - I'm sorry to hear your husband has Parkinson's, but I'm glad you both benefited from the exercise.
@DeborahDiane It is something we can do together too so it is a good thing all around.
• Laguna Woods, California
@BelleStarr - I have just signed my husband to take an exercise class with me, too. It starts in mid-January and I think it will be good for both of us.
I hope the bond with my daughter gets stronger. I hope to see her begin to live a better life. I hope to be happier in my love life. The man I am with is so sweet and up beat. I am just a low key kind of person. I struggle to be up beat like him. I want to save more and spend less. I also would love to put on a pair of high heels and not fall down. he wants to see me in black heels so bad. I wish I could do that for him.
• Laguna Woods, California
@sharon6345 - You have wonderful goals for 2017. I hope your relationships continue to grow ... and you get in those heals!
@DeborahDiane You just made me smile. I forgot all about this post. I am laughing at the high heels part.
• Laguna Woods, California
@sharon6345 - You'll have to write a post and show us a picture if you get in those heels!
We talked about that last night at Writer's Guild and my hope and resolve is to finish Freedom's Cry this year so I can get it published. My hope is to lose weight. I have so much I need to lose. You have some good hopes. I hope they come about for you.
• Laguna Woods, California
@just4him - I hope your dreams come true, too. Good luck with your book!
@DeborahDiane Thank you.
@MattMeng (3257)
• Hangzhou, China
I hope I could buy a small house in 2017.
• Laguna Woods, California
@MattMeng - I hope you are able to buy a small house this year, too!
@MattMeng (3257)
• Hangzhou, China
@DeborahDiane Thank you, I will try my best.
@MattMeng (3257)
• Hangzhou, China
Best wishes!
• Laguna Woods, California
@MattMeng - Happy New Year and Best Wishes to you, too!
@MattMeng (3257)
• Hangzhou, China
@DeborahDiane Thank you very much, my friend.
I can never remember my resolutions but I should write down a few goals or hopes for 2017. You have chosen very sensible goals I think.
• Laguna Woods, California
@JudyEv - Somehow, having goals seems easier for me than making resolutions. Goals seem like something to strive towards. Resolutions seem too rigid.
I don't make resolutions. But I'd like to lose weight, save some money, and get more organized!
• Laguna Woods, California
@MakingCents - Those are all excellent goals ... losing weight, saving money and getting organized. Good luck with them!
I don't make resolutions. I make goals. Right now it is planning my son's wedding with his fiancée and watching my hubby make progress in therapy.
• Laguna Woods, California
@DianneN - Those are excellent goals ... your son's wedding and your husband's therapy! I'm sure both will move forward beautifully! Good luck!
@crossbones27 (20264)
• Redlands, California
At least we still have hope.
• Laguna Woods, California
@crossbones27 - I cannot imagine going through life without hope. That would be so sad.
@rina110383 (24095)
I don't make resolutions though I have high hopes on some things.
• Laguna Woods, California
@rina110383 - I'm glad you have high hopes. Those are better than resolutions.
@redurnet (1590)
I have not made any resolutions yet as I would like to sit down and really plan them out. I hope that in 2017 my mum does not become less mobile than she already is and that my family are more united. I hope that my friends will be positive and have happy experiences. Best wishes to you for the new year.
• Laguna Woods, California
@redumet - I like your goals for the coming year. I hope your mum does well and you have a wonderful New Year.
@pumpkinjam (5774)
No resolutions, but the same hopes as I always have: for my family to be healthy, my partner's health not to deteriorate, my boys to be everything they can be, to earn a decent living from the things I love instead of flitting from crappy job to crappy job, have a holiday, and not put back on the weight I've lost. And I also hope to see my partner's daughters and granddaughters.
• Laguna Woods, California
@pumpkinjam - What wonderful goals you have. I hope you achieve them all!
I set some goals . The thing is , some of my 2016 goals have not yet been achieved.
• Laguna Woods, California
@Kandae11 - Even if you did not realize all your 2016 goals, this is a good time to start fresh with new goals. Happy New Year to you!
@skysnap (17808)
I just want to keep weight in control and also work on my anxiety and increase meditation.
• Laguna Woods, California
@skysnap- You have great goals for the year ... controlling your weight and anxiety. Meditation is a good way to do both.