~I Cursed At Her-And I Asked For Forgiveness~

Jacksonville, Florida
I cannot stand the person I become around this woman. I don't usually curse at anyone or say anything mean like this. This woman pushed my buttons so far, I LOST it! My youngest daughter was sitting in the bar stool at the counter and was pushing it back. Her sister told her to stop but she didn't listen to her. Aunt Mary said My Feet! I said Jailynn quit your on Aunt Mary's feet. She said I didn't know I was on her feet, I wasn't paying attention. I go outside for some air and the witch follows me and says your kids must really not like me. I said why? She said because your daughter put that chair on my feet on purpose and wouldn't get off so she must not like me. I said clearly she didn't f'ing realize she was on your feet! I told her our kids wouldn't purposely hurt anyone-whether they like them or not because they KNOW they will be in huge trouble! Then she says...you don't have to get so defensive, jeez. I said well you don't have to be so frieken mean to our kids either!! I told my husband if she is not gone on Monday I am LEAVING and staying with my friend-with our kids. I'm completely DONE!
Hopefully, she will be gone. Take care.
@paigea I hope so but my husband knows either way I'm getting out of the situation.
@LovingMyBabies that sounds like it will be the best way to keep your sanity and keep the peace for your children.
@paigea Yeah I can't do this any longer. It's his choice, his family or his aunt at this point. We shall see what happens...
This lady needs to find another place to live. Hopefully she will be gone on Monday.
@Morethanamom Yes she does!! I hope and pray for that.
@LovingMyBabies I am sure you wrote about it at one point, but why is she living with you?
@Morethanamom She got kicked out by her son, don't blame him. She was going to be homeless so we took her in.
• Marion, Kansas
I once had a job that caused me to curse and be impatient with my kids and set a bad example. I quit it. It is much easier to quit a job than to disentangle a person who is involved in our life in a negative way. You have a plan, so I hope you stick to it. She was to leave by January 3, and she did not.
@GardenGerty Oh I am sticking to it because I don't want my kids learning from the example I am being from her.
@yukimori (8613)
Most people won't exert social pressure on you for quitting a toxic job. Do the same with toxic family, though, and you never hear the end of it unless you either limit or eliminate contact with them, too.
That woman is the worst. Good for you for dropping the F-bomb!
@NJChicaa She is. I don't normally react that way but she just pushed my limit.
@LovingMyBabies she has completely overstayed her limit and never knew how to be a gracious guest. Good riddance to bad rubbish!
@NJChicaa I absolutely agree!
She needs to go. You can't be expected to keep living like that. I am sorry you lost it but a person can only take so much before they snap.
@Happy2beme Yes she does. I tried so hard to keep my cool this whole time but she pushed me too far saying my daughter did something like that on purpose! My kids don't even think like that.
@LovingMyBabies she knew she could get at you by saying things about your kids. I know your children would never do such a thing and she knows that too. She was just being mean.
@Happy2BeMe Yeah, that is when I do get defensive and crazy when it comes to my children. Especially of accusing them of doing something so terrible. They are not like that at all and your right-she was just being her rude self like usual.
I think you went well beyond your point of doing a favor to her. Your limits are being pushed now. You need her gone and now. I hope Monday she has a place to go.
@sharon6345 Thank you. We have tried to be patient and help as much as we could but yes she needs to go on Monday. We are done. My husband said he will buy her the bus ticket to leave if that is what it takes.
@LovingMyBabies That is good then and off she will go.
@Mike197602 (13528)
• Worcester, England
Everyone has a breaking point so I wouldn't worry about it. I wouldn't ask for forgiveness either unless I really was sorry...and in this case I wouldn't be sorry
@Mike197602 Yeah she pushed me too far. I am sorry for the way I handled myself-not for defending my child when she did nothing wrong.
@yukimori (8613)
I'd say at best it would deserve a true nonapology: "I'm sorry that your constant negativity led me to snap at you and swear."
something that you do not have to put up with it.
@amadeo Yeah, I can't do it anymore.
@katsmeow1213 (28947)
Sounds like you're getting fed up. As someone who doesn't know the whole story, this one circumstance doesn't sound like a big deal... but obviously there've been other things leading up to this. I wonder why you allow this person to stay at your house if you're feeling this way? I once let my mother move in after she got evicted. Then one day she picked a fight with me, disrespected me and my husband, called him a couple of nasty names.. then she told me when she got her next check (in 2 weeks) she'd move out. I said nope.. after all that I will not support you for 2 more weeks.. you can pack your bags right now... and she did!
@katsmeow1213 Oh there have been many, many issues. It is a big deal to me though when someone tries to say my child hurt them when it was an accident. This was my breaking point. She is my husband's aunt and we let her stay because she was going to be homeless. It's coming to that point where she will be gone with all of her stuff on Monday, no matter what.
@LovingMyBabies But is it really a big enough deal to lose your cool and curse.. if there hadn't been any previous frustration? That's all I'm saying... if it were anyone else that you weren't frustrated with you probably wouldn't have reacted the same way..
@katsmeow1213 True, it could have been almost anything she said and I would have lost it because of everything for the last 3 months with her.
@akalinus (12445)
So sorry. It is time for her to find some emergency accommodations. Bad things are bound to happen if she stays.
@akalinus Thank you. Yeah enough is enough and I can't take anymore. It takes a lot for me to get to the point she pushed me to.
@akalinus (12445)
@LovingMyBabies I hope your husband understands.
@akalinus He does, he's tired of how she's acting too.
@fishtiger58 (30715)
• Momence, Illinois
I'm know you are a kind person, but we all have our limits. I would have reached mine long ago. We are imperfect humans, but you are closer to perfect than most. Cut yourself some slack, you really deserve it.
@fishtiger58 Yeah, I usually am so it frustrates me how she gets me so angry! She knows how to push me to my limit. Thank you, I try to be a good person but she brings out the worst in me. =(
@fishtiger58 (30715)
• Momence, Illinois
@LovingMyBabies There are many unhappy people in this world. There is not a lot you can do about it.
@yukimori (8613)
@LovingMyBabies She does it on purpose so she's always the victim in the situations she creates.
@lovingmybabies Anybody would get upset, and it is best to get it out of your system before you metaphorically explode from the tension you are holding inside of yourself. So there was nothing wrong with what you did!
@Marty1 Thank you. I have handled more than enough at this point.
She really needs to go. She has already stayed way to long & had a set day of the 3rd! I hope she'll be gone on her way so you dont' have to leave =)
@infatuatedbby Yeah she does, I cannot handle anymore. I am sick to my stomach because of everything that happened today. I hope so too, either way I'm not dealing with this situation anymore-I can't.
@LovingMyBabies Hopefully she'll leave as promised.
I am sure she will be gone. Your husband does not want you gone.
@jstory07 I don't think he wants that either.
@LovingMyBabies I hope it all works out for her and you and your family.
@KristenH (20511)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Oh dear. Even after you've moved, she's a pain in the butt again. Send her packing and send good riddance. Don't come again when she's not wanted. Send her to a homeless shelter or another relative.
@KristenH Yeah I thought things would get better here with her but she still acts the same way-maybe worse. She is leaving on Monday or me and the kids are going.
@KristenH (20511)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@LovingMyBabies Thanks for the hugs. I don't blame you. I hope she goes bye-bye.
@LeaPea2417 (15448)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I am sorry you went through that. I pray she is gone by Monday.
@Leapea2417 Thank you, I pray she is too.
I can totally understand your situtation. This is too much. She must go.
@marlina Yes she does have to go, none of us can take anymore.
@theBlock (2505)
@LovingMyBabies I do feel you on this.... Family or not, you or your kids shouldn't be around negative people---they suck the joy from your life.
@theBlock Thanks, yeah she is sucking the joy out of our lives and this is supposed to be a happy time for our family with just moving into a nicer home.
@averygirl72 (14205)
You lose your cool. Hope you get out of this soon
@averygirl72 Yes I did lose my cool-which I rarely ever do.
• Denmark
I don't understand this post. I thought auntie had already left!?
@MALUSE Nope she was supposed to and didn't.Said she needed to stay until after her doctor appt on Monday the 9th. If she is not gone after the appointment I am leaving with my kids.
• Denmark
@LovingMyBabies I think such a drastic reaction would finally get things moving. It may also show your husband how seriously you're affected by all this.
@yukimori (8613)
@LovingMyBabies Don't let her back into the house after her appointment. She can take her stuff with her to her appointment, and go wherever afterwards. Not your problem. She's an adult who can figure things out for herself.