*Administrative Reminder* Guidelines regarding recycled content

I will keep this brief, as a simple guide to what is and is not permitted regarding recycled content. You may only use portions of it, as part of a larger discussion, provided that: A.You provide a source link. B. it is not a monetized source.
Thanks for the update, I learned my lesson a while back and have been a good girl ever since .... kinda
though i don't know the story/incident and you don't have to revive it, i still can't help giggling at your comment. i'm sure it wasn't intentional.
@pgntwo (21463)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
Did ya get dinged? Me too. Once.
@DaddyEvil (21956)
Thank you, Ann! I appreciate the head's up! Now, I'm giggling about you needing a reminder... I haven't tried to re-use anything... (grinning at you!)
@Gina145 (4094)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
What if the source is a post that I originally posted at Bubblews? I can't provide a link as the original posting no longer exists.
Alex is referring to content already/still on the web. If it no longer is a web post, then it isn't considered as recycled.
@JolietJake @Gina145 Yes. That is how I have been looking at it.
I have all of my Bubblews stories on my computer. I rewrite them, touch them up and use them here. It no problem because they are not on line anymore. I rewrite not to change them but to improve them...@Gina145
• Lakewood, Colorado
Yes thanks very much for the reminder Admin. These sources can be valuable in discussion making, but in the right context according to myLot guidelines.
Thanks for the reminder and Happy New Year.
@silvermist (15807)
@GoAskAlice Thank you for providing this guideline.
Thanks
• Pleasant Hill, California
Makes sense. Can we post revised versions of older posts that are no longer on the web?
• Pleasant Hill, California
@akalinus That would be really weird! One of my Epinions posts was plagiarized and put...on a plagiarism website for college kids. I reported the site to the FBI. Not sure if it's still there.
@TheHorse , that is something I have been allowing.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@GoAskAlice I have some saved Bubblews posts that I might rework and post here. I'd probably say something like: "This is an updated version of a post some of you may have seen on Bubblews (or 'the site that will not be named.')"
@mysdianait (63977)
Thank you and happy new year!
Happy new year to you too!
@pgntwo (21463)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
Makes sense, but sometimes people cannot see the obvious. Thanks for the advisement.
Its good to have this clarified for everyone's benefit, thanks!
• Trinidad And Tobago
Thank you. One myLotter suggested to me that the content is quite acceptable if you rewrite it in your own words.Was this information incorrect?
Well, yes, and no. It's a bit subjective I suppose. It would depend on how re-written it was.
which content will you be rewriting @gita17112016? your own or from other sources (ex. news story that you want to add commentary to)?
@GoAskAlice I think I'm safe but was wondering about the encouragement emails I send out. They are not for money and are not posted on line but I do sometimes share them here for input. Is that within the guidelines?
I would say that is fine.
@PainsOnSlate (19017)
Thanks for the reminder...
• Marion, Kansas
Fresh content tends to be more interesting, anyway. Thanks.
@LoriAMoore (9660)
Thanks for the reminder.
Thank you for the post.
Does this include your own work? I don't use anyone else's content unless it is public domain and I always cite it in what I write. Slightly confused by your post.
what would be public domain content?
@AkoPinay (10721)
I understand this is all about our OWN WORK PREVIOUSLY PUBLISHED somewhere
@hereandthere When you see something that looks like an interesting thing to share, be sure it says somewhere near the end that it is public domain. It is free to share since the copyright expired or the person who originated it made it available to everyone in public domain. If you don't see public domain anywhere on what you want to share, it isn't free to share and the author of the article is getting paid for that article and you using any of its content, is stealing.
@Beatburn (3996)
Thanks for the reminder. I haven't done much paid posts in the past. What can we do when we discover a repost.
@stbrians (11838)
• Kakamega, Kenya
I get you
@alberello75 (12968)
• Genova, Italy
Ok, I totally agree. great Alex