Four eyes

Image Pixaby
I have been wearing glasses for as long as I can remember. I was the first in the family to get glasses at about the age of ten and got used to being called "four eyes" Throughout the years I have gone through numerous pairs of glasses from the huge, heavy round glasses to the skinny one that barely covered my eyes. Shopping for glasses is not my favorite thing but it has to be done every two to four years. Today I reluctantly went to get my new pair of glasses. Finding the right frame is such a chore but the optician was very pleasant and helpful. I tried several and just as I was about to settle for one I saw the one that that I fell in love with. Now I wait for 10 days before I get my new glasses.
My Mom has were them since she was a kid.
I can relate, same here
@Freelanzer I have had glasses since I was nine months old.
@jstory07 wow! That is really young
Are you near-sighted? I am near-sighted and sometimes I have to put on my glasses so that I can see things clear. If I watch a 3D movie, I have also put on a pair of 3D glasses and namely I have six eyes already Some time ago I read a news online and it said that the Canadian doctors found out a new way to cure the near-sighted problem. It is very exciting and I hope it can work soon.
I am both nearsighted and farsighted. I had a friend who had laser surgery so she didn't have to wear glasses. That is another option
@Freelanzer I don't want to have the laser surgery as I heard the people will have some side effects when they grow older.
@youless I heard that too. As a matter of fact a worker in my office had it and she had all sorts of problems
• Preston, England
I was about 10 or 11 when I first wore them - hated it at first but so used to them now I forget they are there
I hated mine too but it has become a part of me.
I hope you are really happy with the new glasses that you got.
Yes I am as long as I can see better am happy
@bunnybon7 (33085)
• Holiday, Florida
when i was about 10 i was told i needed glasses. i went to school and back then , in late 1950 s they were not popular as they are today. the kids all called me 4 eyes like your title and some said i looked like an old teacher. so they went in my desk and my mom punished me but they were still left there at the end of the year. lol I never had to have them actually till i was given catatact surgery a few years back. i never actually needed them at all till then in my 60s but at least today people look great in them. some better with them. they are very attractive these days
So you really didn't need glasses at age ten. If you did you would have worn them. I hated them but couldn't see without them. I didn't know one needed glasses after cataract surgery. Always taught the surgery made your eyes better.
@bunnybon7 (33085)
• Holiday, Florida
@Freelanzer they do for seeing distance. but up close you have to have glasses or its blurry. i can see a peice of dirt on the floor across the room. amazing. but up close by me no
@velvet53 (15393)
• Palisade, Colorado
I have had glasses for years but I haven't had to wear them all the time. I have one lens that keeps falling out of the glasses that I do use at times so I need to get them fixed.
Does seem like you need the frame adjusted if the lens keeps falling out.
@velvet53 (15393)
• Palisade, Colorado
@Freelanzer They put some lens sealer in so hopefully that will help.
@annierose (17416)
I can feel you. I don't like wearing glasses at all. I would like to try contact lens but both my mom and my boyfriend disliked that idea. They said contact lens are complicated.
I tried contacts once and hated the experience so I have resigned myself to glasses and I am fine with them
@annierose (17416)
@Freelanzer How was it to use contacts?
It's always good if you fall in love with a pair of frames. You'll be happy with your new glasses now.
Its nice when that happens seeing it is practically part of your face
@Freelanzer Very true and the right frames can make a huge difference to your appearance really.
It is very important to choose the right frame.
It does make a difference
@Plethos (4847)
around here ive noticed that kids dont make fun or tease other kids with glasses as much as when i was a kid. i think its become sorta cool to wear glasses now because of the varied designs one can choose from.
That is so. It was much tougher to wear glasses as a child in my day
@sishy7 (27295)
I keep getting reminders from the glasses place to have my bi-annually check up but I tend to keep mine for longer than 2-4 years at a time...
I have my eyes tested every 2 years but only change my glasses if the prescription change