HALF HER AGE

Image by pixabay.
Would you date or marry a man who is -say - fifteen, twenty or thirty years younger than yourself? .Some women, from forty-five years up say it is difficult to find a suitable man in their age group. Most are already married or - if single - they seem to prefer younger women, so where does that leave the single older woman? The other thing is - society is never really hard on the older man who dates or marries a younger woman, but if a woman does the the same with a younger man , she is viewed in a different light. What are your thoughts on the subject?
well Mike is he is 17 years younger than me.We have a big age different.
Well, there you go - and your relationship is a happy one.
@Kandae11 Very much now.It is too late for him to back off(kidding)
• Pleasant Hill, California
That's not that big a difference to me, especially if you're both over 30 or so.
@sabtraversa (9809)
I'm spotting some kids. Who knows. As I'm currently 21. I guess older women dating younger men aren't well seen nowadays but people will be more open-minded. It's only a matter of habit, I think. Such couples aren't likely to have children, but that's up to them. Young men also prefer older women, as long as two people are interested in each other, I see no problem.
Some times a woman will think first about what people will think, before doing what pleases her.
@Kandae11 That's so true.
I guess I have to disagree to that having children part. I know women in 50s can still bear a child. But my belief is when God bless you with a child it does not goes with the science calculation of age.. There are women who married young but not able to bore a child. It is still under God's mercy and favor. God bless.
Equality between the sexes is still a long way off. Age really shouldn't come into these decisions and it is certainly no-one else's business.
I agree with you there, - these are adults making their own choices.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I agree with this.
Within a few years is fine. I prefer the man to be slightly older.
That would be my preference also.
I'm an older single woman and I would not marry anyone old enough to be my child. I would like a slightly older man, but not old enough to be my father either.
I won't want to do that either, I would prefer someone around my age - that is if his mind isn't set on having a younger woman.
@Kandae11 True.
@pammooratan (4726)
I am agree this .Some relationship is created by God itself. So there age difference no matter.Now a days some older women are also dating with younger boys. Man also wants some change and dating with girls of younger ages. I think a main reason is productivity.Men productivity ends with his dying. But women productivity ends after 40-50. Overall charm matters more and love is blind.
Well said.
@Kandae11 Yes. ..life bonds are unpredictable. ..
@suziecat7 (3462)
• Asheville, North Carolina
Age should be irrelevant. As long as a couple is compatible, that should be enough.
I agree - so long as both couples understand fully that there may be bumps along the way.
@Slayqueen (948)
Well.. Society doesn't accept this because of their own reasons but we shouldn't make decisions on the basis of what people think.Personally, I don't think I can ever fall in love with someone who is younger than me.
That is my personal feeling also.
@Kandae11 but we don't know what life has to offer..
@Slayqueen So true.
I really don't know. But you can't say if its good or not because we all know that Love always works in mysterious ways. I know someone who are 15years older than the man they married and still have a happy life with them. I think the best answer to that is.... Happy marriage is when you marry the right person that God has created only for you.... It is hard to view that when you get 40 they are just turning 25... But as I saw one of the people I know they don't really look older to the men they married they are happy and contented.... Maybe because they are really for each other.
You are right. There could be that special connection where you just know that you are making the right decision.
@Kandae11 100% agree! This discussion of yours made me write a post also about my view in this discussion and a glimpse of personal experience. I hope it's okay with you. I posted it already. God bless and thank you.
@luisadannointed I would have waited a bit - say five or twenty-four hours.
You are right it is considered more acceptable in society for men to marry much younger women then it is for women to marry much younger men. I personally would not want a huge age gap but what others do in their lives does not bother me.
They are adults - the choice is theirs.
As long as it keeps you happy nothing else matters. We might get the perfect guy and we are still not happy so better not go with a mindset
Right - in marriages where the couple appear to be perfectly matched there may be problems no one knows about.
@Kandae11 the biggest - not being in love may be
@crossbones27 (14879)
• Redlands, California
I personally say it is none of my business. If it makes them happy, then they need to do what is right for them. You are right there is a double standard. I personally do not know why so many feel the need that they have to get married in general. There is no law that says we have to get married. That is my opinion anyway.
I value your opinion. Thanks for your input.
• Redlands, California
I gtk it depends on t he two pep;e if they'really love each other and are compatible age should never matter.
@prashu228 (21922)
But and older man always gets younger women, but for women it's not possible
• Austin, Texas
If both individuals are mature adults capable of choosing, then age is not really a factor, if they love each other. It's their relationship and other people need to mind their own business! Now if the it's children being forced into marriage, that's a completely different discussion.
Very good point.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I think big age differences mean different stages of life and different experiences. But if the similarities outweigh those differences, I say go for it!
They do say that age is a state of mind.
@dramagirl26 (3439)
• Ringgold, Virginia
I don't have a problem if someone wants to date an older person, but I don't know if it's for me. I'd prefer someone closer to my age.
That would be the ideal situation.
To me, it is the same either way. An age difference either way doesn't really matter if the people are happy together.
Happiness is very important, but sometimes we let our hearts rule our heads.
@hostessman (6922)
• Tucson, Arizona
I believe if you are happy then go for it, life is to short not to enjoy it. do what makes you happy!!!
While hoping that the happiness lasts.
@stbrians (11838)
• Kakamega, Kenya
Love is made of two and the two decide. The problem is calling a man older than you as son-in-law or woman older than your mom as daughter-in-law
Yes, that is another uncomfortable aspect to look at.
• Dhaka, Bangladesh
This is actually an implicit matter for a person and personal as well............ The choice is absolutely yours................. Age is actually not fact
yes it is their decision.