A Little Behind

I really didn't want to get out of bed this morning since it's a dull, rainy day. But, I knew if I allowed myself to sleep in I'd be behind in the things I wanted to accomplish. So, I got up, showered, dressed and did the usual bed making, bathroom cleaning and general tidy up before coming downstairs to make coffee. Once the coffee was brewed I sat down to enjoy my elixir and decided to read one chapter in my book. Needless to say, I couldn't stop at one chapter and almost an hour later and I finally pulled myself away from the book. Now I'm behind anyway and still have things to accomplish but all I want to do is read my book. I'm one of those people who can literally get lost in a good book. Are you?
sometime if the story is good.Some take a while for me to get into it.
This book started good from page one
@Marilynda1225 good for you
@thelme55 (12486)
@Marilynda1225 what is the title of the book?
My daughter is the one who is like that (she's 12). I just let her finish the books she gets hooked on because otherwise she will not focus on the things she needs to do. But the deal is she has to get on with what needs to get done afterwards .
Its so hard to get your head out of a good book and do what has to be done. Its great that your daughter loves to read
@Marilynda1225 Oh, but I do have to tell her no books at the table at least . She's got to take a break from it and talk to us .
@CoralLevang (16131)
But I would make the argument that you are not behind! You chose to do something that gave you pleasure and calmed you.
That's very true but ...
@CoralLevang (16131)
@Marilynda1225 I get it.
@CoralLevang (16131)
@Marilynda1225 May I also say that the smart alec in me read your title, and my initial response was to say: This post doesn't apply to me. I have never had a little behind. ROFLMAO
• Riga, Latvia
I would rather read a book than do anything else so I make sure I do what I have to do everyday and give myself some time to read as well.
Its hard to get into the day when I'm lost in a good book. Usually I do what needs to be done before I start to read
I can easily get lost in a good book and I've burnt many a meal because of it.
@thelme55 (12486)
You sounds like me @JudyEv. I have burnt food many times, too.
@thelme55 In the end I stopped reading for some years.
If it's a good story I sure can
Excellent story
I need to set my timer up to get me away from addicting things like computer and gardening and reading.
I don't set a timer but maybe I should
I do get lost in a good book. It is so hard to put it away and get on with mundane tasks.
Exactly.!
@LoriAMoore (9007)
Yes, time stands still and next thing I know it's 4 am
@quantum2020 (8300)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
I have been hooked by the story of a book before. I like reading on cold days, as there is not much for me to do during those days
To me, there is nothing better than reading a good book! My husband and I are voracious readers.
@thelme55 (12486)
Oh yes! I am like you. If the book is a page turner, interesting and thrilling, it's hard for me to put down the book.
Yes I can and do especially when its getting good.
If it is a really good book I find it very hard to put it down.
it's not rainy here, but i'm tired. i'd love to be in bed reading
I get lost in a good book all the time. I would love to know which book you are reading!! Cannot beat a good read!
If it's a good book oh yes I can!
I like to read. And I like to have some tasks for the day, but also some time off.
Yes, I find it so easy to get "lost" when reading a good book. I came across a book that looked really interesting while I was shopping last week, so I bought it and gave it as a birthday gift yesterday-I hope that she enjoys it and I can borrow it!