How to tactfully terminate an unpleasant conversation?

Lithuania
Do you ever found yourself in a situation where your interlocutor speaks without stopping and can not understand when it's time to stop? It is sad, but it happens very often - after all, not everyone notices that conversation has lost its attraction for the surrounding. How to tactfully terminate an unpleasant conversation?
You look at your watch and say that you've got another appointment. You bend over and say that you suddenly suffer from horrible stomach cramps. You go to the loo/bathroom and call your best friend and ask them to call you back in five minutes with the news that a close relative of yours is in hospital because of an accident. You must go there at once.
• Bangalore, India
In chat you can give a smiley and ask something else.. But in direct discussion it is hard to change.. at least I cant.
I just say, "Excuse me. I have to use the ladies room."
@Trensue (5256)
Thanks for the conversation. I have to run.
@1hopefulman (28482)
I look at my watch and say something like: "It was nice talking to you but I have to go. Take care!" And then leave as if in a hurry to do something important that needs to be done.
@magnumopus (1674)
Just politely take your leave from the person you're talking too is what I will do under the situation.
@FayeHazel (18007)
Ah yes, I have 1 friend and 1 family member who are like this.