Do You Ever Complain?

@redurnet (1263)
United Kingdom
I'm not usually a person who likes to complain about services I receive but I have, on occasions, sent an email or letter if I have had a terrible experience or been treated very badly by a member of staff of any particular company. Do you think negative feedback is valuable and worth submitting or does it just annoy staff? I only ask because I complained about a person who first refused to serve me and then changed her mind but overcharged me last week and my feedback email went from the multinational company down to our local rural branch. Now everyone in the store is gossiping about me being a nasty person for complaining!
Such complaints should be kept confidential. I'd write again and give the big bosses a serve for making your life difficult through divulging your name. That really isn't on.
@redurnet (1263)
Thanks, I got back to them and they have said they are going to take another look at the whole incident which is acceptable to me.
@redurnet I would think it's too late now to do much about the damage they've done.
@redurnet (1263)
@JudyEv yes, that's true, it's very embarrassing when I go in now.
@nitirrbb7 (3183)
You did what you felt was right and of-course you must have judged the decision from both ends the positive as well as the negative. Now if you feel someone is not doing right and he needs to learn the right way, you need to the right action.
@redurnet (1263)
thank you for this comment and I do feel that it can only be beneficial to try and make services better.
@nitirrbb7 (3183)
@redurnet Yeah it will surely do much difference, and sorry for the spelling error in my previous comment I meant to say feel and Instead of fell. A single alphabet can change the entire meaning of the word so why can't an appropriate decision like you made be beneficial.
• Huntsville, Alabama
I agree Nitin.
If you don't complain about being abused by staff then how will management know to retrain or demot said individual.
@redurnet (1263)
This is true. I hope the staff improve their interpersonal skills.
@dragon54u (31557)
You are doing business a service when you complain. You are helping them improve their services and thus increase their business so never be afraid to do so! I do complain when it is warranted and I also compliment whenever I can. I've gotten a lot of coupons for free stuff for helping companies improve their business with my criticism and praise.
@redurnet (1263)
That's great! I do hope that it helps improve services when I make a complaint.
@bunnybon7 (34974)
• Holiday, Florida
that was quite rude to refuse you service. was there no explanation for that or they are just a mean person?
@redurnet (1263)
The lady accused me of "confusing" a queue and told me I had to pay at another till for some items which I thought was completely silly. I actually figured maybe some items were exempt from being run up at her till but I was in the next day and I saw her serve a woman buying the same items as I had wanted. I complained and was given a refund for her overcharging me and then told to recontact the main brand if there was any further negativity.
@bunnybon7 (34974)
• Holiday, Florida
@redurnet good for you. i hope it got straightened out now
• Huntsville, Alabama
It's a good thing you said something, that way the incident doesn't happen again. We work hard for our money just like they do and we all deserve respect. (-: it doesn't make you a nasty person, it's business.
@redurnet (1263)
Thanks, I hope it improved things.
It's fine to complain if someone is rude. I complained about standing in line forever because the lady in front of me who had a cane had to get out of line. I asked the cashier why she didn't call for help because there was a lady with a cane in line and she said there wasn't any. I complained in the online survey and the manager called me. The next time I went into the store the cashier gave me a nasty look. I don't care. You can be sure she called for help the next time because I saw it. But I also give good feedback too when someone does a good job.
@redurnet (1263)
Interesting to hear about your experience. I too got some nasty looks when returning to the place after complaining except I was a bit frightened by this. I think it is good to also offer positive feedback, although I usually do this via online reviews only.
• Prairieville, Louisiana
I complain a lot in my life.
@redurnet (1263)
I know some people who enjoy complaining as they feel they have a duty to make sure things are right and proper. I can understand why they might have these feelings.
@FayeHazel (15106)
Oh I'm sorry that happened. Usually, yes I think negative feedback is positive for businesses so they can address the issue....