Oh Please, Don’t Tempt Me!

I am trying to lose my tummy fat, so I am just eating an apple for dinner. But that isn’t the case though, whenever we have our practice for our HS batch’s homecoming dance on May. Before the practice, we will be served snacks and the last time they were baked macaroni , crackers and juice . After practicing from 5:30 – 7:30 , we would eat dinner then go home already. And the hostess would always have her maids cook delicious viands. Thus, I instead gained weight and so were the others. Ha ha ha So, last night I told my in-laws that I will not be eating dinner. But when I went out of our bedroom to pee in the bathroom by the kitchen , they told me to eat dinner and I glanced at the dinner table. I told them,” oh please don’t tempt me “ and didn’t look at the foods anymore and just ate my apple at the bedroom. They laughed at me for my determination. If I get to take a look at the viands on the table more, for sure my diet will be gone. So I eat my apple at the bedroom while they have dinner. When May comes I will not look good in our costume of shorts over leggings and shirt, if I will keep eating dinner. Good thing I wasn’t tempted. Have you experienced being tempted like this? Were you successful in shooing the temptation away? Note: A pictorial of the Legazpi based HS batchmates last week at the garden of our batch president.
I like food, but when I decide to diet there is nobody and nothing that can tempt me.
Wow, you really are so determined. I am , when I am at home. But not when I am with my batchmates.
@SIMPLYD I even eat light food when I go to the restaurant when I diet.
@LadyDuck Wow, you really are a one determined lady. No wonder , you maintained your slim built.
@ridingbet (39999)
why don't you use an abdominal girdle my lady? it flattens one's belly fats and it also controls your appetite because it tightens the abdominal muscles.
What is that? Is it the blue one being placed around the abdomen? Even after giving birth I didn't use any. So that is why maybe the fats keep accumulating on my abdomen.
@ridingbet (39999)
@SIMPLYD the blue girdle that you mention is the abdominal girdle that we put in the abdomen of a post partum lady, my friend. but the girdle that i am mentioning is bought in Avon, or department stores. it supports a relaxed abdomen and it tightens the loose muscles and fats as well. i did not have that blue girdle when i delivered my son; i had one sewn by my mother and it was a cloth. till now, it is hidden in my cabinet. i also bought a girdle from Avon when i had TAHBSO last 2004, that is why my tummy is flat, or not bulging.yesterday, i even wanted to have my shirt tucked in for mass
@ridingbet Maybe I should buy one from Mercury. What should I tell them as to what I am buying please? When do I get to wear it?
Yes, food is just so good tasting lol.
That is true. That is why, when it's dinner time, I go to the bedroom with my apple without glancing at the foods on the table. I am someone who really gets hungry when i see and smell the foods.
That's good to hear. I don't have time to do some exercises lately. But I do brisk walking.
Good for you because you can have brisk walking. I know because you work at home and that's what is nice about it.
@shivamani10 (11156)
• Hyderabad, India
I can not control my temptation. I sit and satisfy my inner being first. The rest is later.
It really takes a lot of determination.
I didn't know when I stopped having my diet @SIMPLYD even though been eating veggies from time to time.
So you are not dieting anymore. Usually, I stop when I can see that my abdominal fat had thinned.
You look great in the picture. I wish you all the best in your weight loss. Do exercises that focus on your stomache muscles.
Yes, that's actually what I do on weekends. It focuses on my stomach part. And the dieting is done because I can't exercise on weekdays because I am already too tired in the evening when I get home from work.
@SIMPLYD That is good. I hope you achieve the results you are looking for.
@Happy2BeMe Thank you.
@1hopefulman (22442)
You have good willpower. I, on the other hand, need to work on it. If I smell or see food that I shouldn't eat, I'm finished. I have to keep away completely.
But actually, I can easily give in. It's just that when I do that, I have to compensate it, by just eating an apple for dinner.
@1hopefulman (22442)
@SIMPLYD Good way to compensate!
@1hopefulman Thank you.
@epiffanie (8310)
You all look amazing on that photo .. You are so slim .. so even if you put on a few kilos, you will still look great ..
Thank you . i look slim there because I am bowing. The tummy area is not seen. he he he
@epiffanie (8310)
@SIMPLYD but we met in person ... so I know that you are slim
@epiffanie Yes, but my fats are in my tummy. ha ha ha That's what I am trying to lose and hide.
Posing for photos in that fashion is a rage these days!! Good smelling food can be tempting but you resisted it. Good for you.
Yes, i was able to resist it actually. Maybe because I was still a bit full from the snacks I took at about 5:00 p.m. , which is intentional so I won't get too hungry at night , just eating an apple.
@SIMPLYD I do not eat dinner anyway. I eat heavy snacks and wind up with a mug of hot milk with honey
@antonbunot (9521)
• Calgary, Alberta
@SIMPLYD Tempted . . temptations . . . O, yeah, of course, I experienced being tempted. Whew!
I know what temptations they are, julito . They are from women . As for me, it's from the foods. I am a foodie that's why. But when I don't see them, I can refrain myself from craving. But when they are in front of me, it's hard to resist. It really takes a lot of determination.
@PatZAnthony (11971)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
We really don't have much in our house that would cause an issue. Plenty of veggies and fruit. However, even eating too much of raw things can add to the waistline, can't it.
@RubyHawk (21147)
• Atlanta, Georgia
On my better halfs diet,he can eat twice as much raw as cooked vegetables.
No, I love food and family or friends, and would not pass up a time to eat with them. I watch my weight at other times.
Diets seldom work. I just do my best to eat healthy and of course, I work out. Anyway, good luck in your weight loss plans.
Losing weight is a challenging job.Good for you ! You can resist temptation of delicious viands.I have very little supper too.
@ShifaLk (7376)
I guess you're the 2nd from right, right?
@RubyHawk (21147)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Where are you in the picture. Don't starve yourself. Yo can eat but much smaller servings.
I am not good at all at shooing temptation away. Mostly I welcome it with open arms!