Happy Ending

Green Bay, Wisconsin
No, not the book, though hopefully that will be today or tomorrow. I had an incident happen with Wal-Mart yesterday. I bought a gift card for my grandson's birthday, but it never made it home. I went back to find out what if anything could be done, since I didn't have it. They viewed the video of it. I never disputed what was on the camera. Just the fact I did not have the card when I got home yesterday. They basically told me 'not my problem' at which point I got upset and just left the store when they blew me off. I told my youngest son what happened, and after I calmed down I went back to Wal-Mart bought another gift card. My youngest called me last night and after talking to his girlfriend and her sister it was suggested I go back to Wal-Mart with the receipt and have them void out the gift card and put the money on a new one. I did that this morning, and showed them the new receipt and that I wasn't pulling a con on anyone. I really didn't have that gift card. They took the first receipt, talked to accounting and voided out the first and put the money on a new card. So I'm not out all the money I put on the card yesterday. So there is a happy ending and now I'm very happy I didn't lose all that money. And they know I wasn't being dishonest. So now I'm home from the pool and Wal-Mart, I'm eating cake, and about to start my Bible Study. It's been a good day so far. I hope you've had a good start to your day, or your day has been good. Thanks for reading. Image from the party yesterday
So glad to hear that everything worked out with the gift card.
Thank you. It was a relief to get it fixed.
@just4him I am sure that it was. Walmart is usually pretty easy to deal with.
@Happy2BeMe Usually. This time it was more difficult, but I'm glad it's resolved.
@CRK109 (14291)
So glad that everyone worked out well for you in the end!
Thank you. So am I. Great ending to a terrible situation.
I never would have thought to void out the first card and get refunded the money. Glad it all worked and your grandson looks like he's having a nice party
They had to put it on a new card. The card can't just be voided. I never would have thought of it either, so the credit goes to my son's girlfriend's sister who works with credit cards where she works.
I'm glad you got the card issue sorted out. It is an awful feeling to think that someone thinks you are being dishonest.
Yes it is. They even knew who I was when I walked in their this morning and were quick to tell me what the video showed. That was never in question. I'm so glad they realized I wasn't being dishonest and I had actually come back and bought another one yesterday to replace the missing one.
@PainsOnSlate (19684)
That must have been frustrating, and what good advise from the younger generation. I will remember that is it ever happens to me.
Yes it was good advice. My son's girlfriend's sister works in the credit card department of the store she works at, so was able to come up with the solution to the problem. I'm so glad she did.
@fishtiger58 (30611)
• Momence, Illinois
So glad that all worked out ok.
Thank you. So am I. It was a lot of money lost otherwise.
@fishtiger58 (30611)
• Momence, Illinois
@sugartoes (35609)
• Greencastle, Indiana
I hate when I lose something like that, my husband lost some money orders last year & thank GOD they were FOUND but it sure made him do better on NOT losing them again, cause it scared the crap out of him & remembers it. I'm glad to know you got that problem fixed & solved to make a better day.
Thank you. So am I. I'm sure he remembers and hasn't lost any money orders since. I'm glad they were found.
@atoz1to10 (6862)
It's good that you have a happy ending.
Thank you. It is good.
@tammys85 (9089)
I'm sorry they basically blew you off at first. I would have never thought of voiding the first one and putting the money on the new card; that's a great idea. I'm glad they did that for you; it must be relieving to have that taken care of.
Very much so. I was surprised too that they did that at first and I had to find a way to get my money back.
@tammys85 (9089)
@just4him Right. Were they rude or did they just seem like they didn't care, or both? I'm gonna have to keep this in mind in case it ever happens to me.
@tammys85 Didn't care. They weren't rude.
I am very glad that your grandson suggested this procedure, at least the money is not wasted.
No it's not. I was happy as well. It was my son's girlfriend's sister who suggested it. That's my grandson in the picture.
@just4him It's a great picture, your son's girlfriend's sister is a smart girl.
@LadyDuck Yes she is.
@HazySue (17570)
That is a happy ending. It can be so hard to prove that your paid but didn't get what you paid for. Have a wonderful day.
Yes it is. The second receipt really helped them realize I didn't have the first and then they were able to help me.
@HazySue (17570)
@just4him I am so glad you got it all worked out.
@HazySue So am I. Thank you.
@katsmeow1213 (28982)
Why hadn't they thought to do that in the first place? That would have made you feel better..
Sometimes I think stores don't want people to know all the secrets to getting things sorted out. I was very happy to find out this tip. I won't forget it if it should happen again. I'm glad to say I don't use or buy many gift cards.
@just4him I'm glad you found a happy solution! I will remember it also if I ever lose a gift card. Like you, I don't buy many gift cards.
I am SO glad they did that for you, and a bit irritated that wasn't suggested the first time!
I'm irritated they didn't suggest it but I had to have someone else tell me how to go about doing it.
@silvermist (16511)
@just4him Glad that the gift card issue sorted out.All's well that ends well.
Yes it is. I was so glad to find a way to resolve it satisfactorily.
@GreatMartin (4326)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
"your day has been good. " Every day I wake up is a good day!
That's awesome! Yes, it was a good day.
• Midland, Michigan
That's great that they could do that for you, we sell gift cards too, but I don't know that would be something we could do or not. I don't work the customer service area, so maybe, but I don't know. I threw out a gift card once that I thought was all used up and then decided I should check it out first. It was good I pulled it from the garbage as there was over fifty dollars left on it. I don't have any idea why I didn't realize sooner that it may have had money on it still.
I'm glad you checked and were able to still use it. You can't just void a gift card, but you can have the money put onto another one, which is what I asked about and they were able to do that.
@Elizaby (3469)
• Pensacola, Florida
Glad it all worked out
Thank you. I was praying like crazy for God's intervention in this matter, and of course he came through.
That's great that you didn't end up losing the money.
Yes it is. It was very frustrating.
@Gillygirl (16033)
• Sutton, England
Glad you had a good day and you sorted out the gift card. All quiet here today.
Thank you. Quiet is good.
That was a happy ending!!! Thank goodness! A good day here with the nice weather.
Yesterday was cold and windy. Today we add rain. It was a happy ending, which made me very happy.