~Love Rottweilers But Afraid of Cats!~

My oldest daughter and Pebbles
Jacksonville, Florida
Yes it's true! I am scared of cats but I have a Rottweiler and I have always loved these big babies. Most people find that weird. Lol Well...I found one cat I am actually not afraid of! Her name is Pebbles-my children named her since she's a stray that we apparently adopted without adopting. Pebbles is the sweetest cat I have ever seen in my life. She licks us, she waits by our door until we come outside to pet her, she loves to snuggle, my kids love holding her and she loves it too, and she never attacks anything! You don't usually call a cat "loyal" as they are usually free spirited but this is one loyal cat. I love this cat-which for me is a big deal since I am usually terrified of cats! Pebbles has changed my mind-not all cats are mean. The picture is my oldest daughter and Pebbles =)
• Olney, Illinois
Believe it or not, I used to have a Rott...and it was terrified of my cats. It got it's butt kicked by a mama cat when it was just a pup and never recovered from it.
@Jolietjake Knowing how my Rott is I am not surprised. She wants every animal to like her-she loves cats! More than I do. Lol. Pebbles is the only cat I really love. =)
@dragon54u (30207)
@JolietJake I was talking to someone just the other day about pets. She told me that a few years ago they had a Rottweiler and a cat and the Rott was terrified of the cat. He let it take his food, ran when it approached, would not be in the same room with the cat but the cat bullied him so much that he let it sleep on him at night and naptimes. How strange!!
@nanette64 (9663)
• Fairfield, Texas
My huge 150-lb Akita use to lay on the floor and 3 of the cats thought he was their "kitty bed". Even when they would dangle from his jowls, he's look at them like, "Really?" @JolietJake
Glad to hear you guys found a family cat :) They are great pets.
@TRBROCKS420 Thanks she's really sweet. =) And wonderful with my kids.
• Prairieville, Louisiana
That cat is so cute.
@workathomefan I think so too! =)
• Marion, Kansas
Sometimes strays are the best pets of all.
@Gardengerty Yeah I agree with that! :)
Pebbles is a beauty! I love both dogs and cats.
@DianneN Thank you! She's a sweet baby. =)
Im afraid of all animals but have a cat and my bf has 3. They can all be mean if youre mean to them.
@Courtlynn I have never been mean to any animal in my life but I have been clawed by plenty of cats!
@LovingMyBabies that stinks. Glad this one is nice to you
I grew up with cats. I am very afraid of Rottweilers and some boxers. All the big and fierce ones. Glad you found a cat you like.
@celticeagle If you met my dog you wouldn't be afraid of her. She is so sweet and loves all children. She's a big baby. =)
@LovingMyBabies ......She doesn't look like she is full blooded either.
@celticeagle No she's Rott and Lab mixed. =) She's so loving.
I love the cat. I have my Rose here. She is a fighter in catching rats.lol You look like your daughter. I thought it was you.
@Shavkat This is the first cat I have actually really loved! =) Lol, well that would mean my daughter looks like me.
@LovingMyBabies I like to hug. You look as young as your daughter.
@nanette64 (9663)
• Fairfield, Texas
What an absolutely adorable picture @LovingMyBabies . Pebbles sounds like the 'purrrfect' cat.
@nanette64 Thank you! =) She is so perfect, it's amazing to me.
@LeaPea2417 (9728)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Since she is a stray, she must have been around people who were kind to her before she found your family. That is why she is loving.
@Leapea2417 Yeah I think at one time she did have a family because she's too sweet-especially to kids to not have been around them before.
That's the opposite of me totally. I love cats. If a dog is not small enough to fit the pocketbook I don't want nothing to do with it across the street when I see big dogs
@sharon6345 Yeah some people love dogs and others love cats. Lol.
Pebbles looks a lovely cat - and hasn't your daughter grown up? She is very pretty too.
@JudyEv She is so sweet. =) Yes my daughter is getting so big. Thank you. =)
@Platespinner (14676)
I've never been afraid of cats, although we have one that cannot be trusted. He likes to pretend he's an adorably sweet furball, but he'll bite or scratch when he's decided he's been petted enough (though he only does damage when whoever is bothering him doesn't stop). Dogs on the other hand... I was bitten by a dog who was supposed to be harmless, and there was a German shepherd on the route I used to ride my bike to swimming lessons when I was a child that would chase me. I won't say I'm afraid of dogs, but I am cautious around them...but then I'm cautious around all animals since animals have different personalities much like people do. Some are kind, some aren't.
@Platespinner That's what scares me about them. One minute their so sweet and the next they attack! I don't like that personally. Thank God I have only had good experiences with dogs in my life. There was one dog we had that we got rid of though because she bit my daughter in the eye. She was a boxer and I won't ever have one of those again.
I was allergic to cats as a child but grew out of it. Because of that, I never liked cats. In my 20's, my husband worked nights & we weren't allowed to have a dog at our apartment but they allowed cats. I hated being alone all night & suggested we try getting a kitten. My husband thought I was crazy as he knew I didn't care for them & told me there was no trying, if we got it, it was ours. I was warming up to my in laws cat so she was changing my mind. I had that cat for almost 18 yrs before he passed away. Best decision I made. He even outlived the marriage. .lol
@Tigerize72 I'm glad you grew out of your allergy so you could have your precious cat for so many years! I'm sorry your baby passed away, I know the feeling of losing a pet and it's awful. =(
I have 5 cats and they are all very sweet
@NJChicaa This little one is changing my mind a little bit. Lol
Some cats are loyal. Patches follows me all over the house and sits on my lap purring for hours. She really is a good cat.
@jstory07 This one is very loyal too. I just know most cats are not.
I grew up with dogs, cats, birds, rabbits.... I have never seen a mean cat, dog yes cat, never. I am glad you are over your fear.
@andriaperry My aunt had a house full of mean cats. They would attack our ankles as we walked by any furniture as they his under it when we were kids. One minute they were purring and the next they were attacking! At least with dogs you have a warning, they growl or their hair stands up. Cats are nuts! Lol
It just takes one very nice kitty to change one's mind regarding cats. So glad your family cares for Pebbles.
@Corbin5 Yeah, she's a sweetheart. Now the other stray that looks similar to her acts more like a stray. He hates people, climbs trees for his food, hisses at you from a distance...don't like him at all.
@dragon54u (30207)
What a beautiful pair they make! I love cats but unfortunately one small, innocent cat can send me to the emergency room unable to breathe. I am deathly allergic to them yet I love them so much. I am also allergic to most dogs. If your Rottweiler even kissed my hand I would break out in hives where his tongue licked my skin. It is not fair for someone who loves animals as much as I do to be so allergic! I'm so glad you have Pebbles, she looks like a wonderful companion.
@dragon54u Thanks! The kids love her so much. =) I'm sorry your allergic to animals. That must be awful. =( She is a sweetheart and I can't even believe I love her so much! Lol.
• Prairieville, Louisiana
That tabby cat reminds me of Beau.