I returned a USED PURSE for my money back!

Yes, you read that right! I returned a used purse for my money back. The catch: I did not use the purse, upon delivery - the purse appeared to be used. At first, I only noticed the hardware being scratched up. Then, when I compared the picture online - the purse was also missing the detachable straps. The tag of the purse was placed on the inside the bag instead of outside. I chatted with the online representative and sent them images and they apologized for the inconvenience, and sent me a new purse (charged me again obviously) and for me to return the bag in stores. I had no problem returning and explaining the situation. I also overheard another customer exchanging a bag she purchased online because it was missing a pouch. Now a days the quality of returns are not being inspected? Or, the workers aren't verifying the products before shipping!
Probably them not inspecting the products before shipping. Sad.
Yeah, it seems like they're lacking that!
@infatuatedbby Definitely. Which will hurt them in the end.
@Courtlynn Yes it will. I think thats why many department stores are closing.
Perhaps both. Maybe they have a rare no questions asked return policy. Who knows with retail?
Perhaps! Depends on the cashier ~ Some don't even ask why you return. But I like to mention reasons if I am returning.
@infatuatedbby - It helps to do so. At least I think so.
@teamfreak16 I would think so too. This is one of the reasons why many stores are closing!
That is good you got a better purse. I think they sent you out something they did not check good.
I don't think they inspected prior to shipping. The new purse I received is in new condition with the original plastic still on it.
@Trensue (5256)
@infatuatedbby Glad they at least solved the problem.
@Trensue Yes, they fixed the issue however, I was charged with both purses. Then I had to go return the other one in store so it was a slight inconvenience.
@Trensue (5256)
This reminds me of an experience I had at a restaurant. First I order coke and they brought rootbeer. Then they brought a coke, but in a dirty glass with lipstick on it. Needless to say, I left the rest of the group there and ate elsewhere.
Oh yes, I would not be too happy about that either. I especially hate it when the silverware is dirty or the plates. I often request bottled sodas or canned sodas.
@Lupita234 Yeah some restaurants dont clean well.
Wouldn't returns be stored in a different part of the warehouse? The only thing I can think of is that the purse was a return, or a flaw and they shouldn't have had it in with the higher quality stuff...
I have no idea! Or maybe send it back to the manufactures if something was wrong.
@amnabas (10298)
• Karachi, Pakistan
Nowadays people fool their customers by selling defected products.
It guess it depends on some people. But if I am paying that kinda price, I want a new bag! Some might not mind.
@ilocosboy (34325)
That's the right thing to do, and that's what we should do when some people taking advantage on us. We should complain.
I did get 10% off my purchase originally when I complained because of the scratches. Then, I noticed I was missing the strap and that is not acceptable.
Glad to hear you were able to return it, but they should get this right the first time.
@TRBRocks420 I totally agree. They also had a card that says sales associate so & so packaged carefully your order and their ID card #. Well the ID they stamped and its missing half the 3 numbers so I cannot even review the person, probably done purposely!
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
That sucks, I wouldn't shop with them again.
I haven't had many problems with them, but it was disappointing.
@zarlamain (24525)
I'm glad that you were able to return it. It's horrible how some people don't inspect the items before shipping them.
Hey! Long time no see again Good to see you popping in! It's a shame people aren't inspecting throughly!
@zarlamain (24525)
@infatuatedbby You too! Thank you! Last month, I was busy with work. Then at the end of the month until yesterday, I was out of the country for work purposes. It sure is. At least, you were able to return it smoothly, so that's good.
@zarlamain That's wonderful you're able to log on today! Welcome back home. :)
@moffittjc (43129)
• Gainesville, Florida
I'm pretty sure they are sending out those used purses by design. Any product that they can re-introduce back into the marketplace is one less product they have to take the loss on. They figure that even though something may not be perfect, they could pass it off as "new" to some unsuspecting customer. I have heard that the reason places like Costco and Sam's Club can sell products for so cheap (especially electronics) is that they buy "refurbished" products from the manufacturers at substantial savings, and then box them up and sell them as "new" products in their stores.
I didn't know that but I do know the returns for Costco on my area get shipped off to a different store and they sell it for cheaper. Not related to Costco store though! I've been there once and it's not cheap by a lot. I rather buy at Costco knowing it's new. I don't often see Costco package things back up to sell refurbished
@moffittjc (43129)
• Gainesville, Florida
@infatuatedbby Costco doesn't package things up to sell refurbished. The product manufacturer does. For example, if I buy a 55-inch Vizio TV at Best Buy, and it stops working, I take it back to Best Buy and either exchange it for a working TV, or get a refund. Well, after I return the broken TV to Best Buy, they ship it back to Vizio. Vizio then repairs the TV, puts it in a new box, and ships it off to Costco to sell as a "new" TV. A friend of mine used to work for a large electronics manufacturer, and he told me that's what they did with all the defective products that were returned to them. They would fix them, box them up, and ship them out to Sam's Clubs and Costco stores.
@moffittjc So technically what I buy at Costco is refurbished but new! They salvage some things! But thats for electronics ~ what about the other products! Lol does he know about them too??? If only you told me sooner! I did recently buy a new DSLR. But besides that I haven't bought anything else. But even buying at Costco ~ the product has warranty.
• Pamplona, Spain
Once I returned two things and they asked me why I was returning them. I said I could not put into words how I felt about those items they were dreadful. So glad you got it all sorted out.
If you don't like the product speak from the truth :)
• Pamplona, Spain
@infatuatedbby Oh I said that the things were dreadful and I told them the truth alright and I never bought from them again although I wanted to but I did not trust their service after that.
@lovinangelsinstead21 Oh I see! Yeah, the process is dreadful. :(
@1hopefulman (28631)
I'm glad that they recognised the error and did the right thing by replacing it with a new one which you should have received in the first place. Good for you!
Thank you! I am happy with my new bag :)
@1hopefulman (28631)
@infatuatedbby So how do you feel about returning things? Are you shy or bold?
@1hopefulman I have no problem returning. I pointed out all the wrong of the return.
I can understand that, I ordered a purse online, and when it arrived, I liked it, but the zipper sticks badly, I had to send it back. I need to just get things from the store myself, and inspect them, before I get it home.
Yeah it would be much easier if they inspected it prior to shipping to ensure it worked properly
@infatuatedbby it is a hassle to return it, at least for me it is, I hate returning things.
@CookieMonster46 yeah i hate returning stuff also... i bought an online purchase 2 out of 4 items need to go back. the material is horrible!
That is awful!!!! My makeup girl at Saks told me the packers were stealing the free samples she was sending to me. She had to oversee everything in person. I don't know what this world is coming to. Honestly!
At Macy's you're supposed to get free samples when you purchase beauty stuff but sometimes you don't get it! Maybe the packers are stealing it!
@infatuatedbby It only happens when I call the salesgirl and order over the phone. She pulls samples as we talk, and tells me what they are and asks if I want them. Everything is shipped then.
@DianneN Oh I see! That is nice you get your samples handpicked. :)
This is a good question, because I ordered a wrist watch a few days ago and when I received it, it was new, but it did not work. I asked for a refund but I was surprised that nobody check the products before sending them out.
@infatuatedbby It had the pull out thing, that I removed, but it does not work, I even tried to change the battery it still does not work. I had a full refund.
@LadyDuck Oh what a hassle! Glad you got your return
@infatuatedbby Yes, I bought from Amazon and they are a serious company, they did not even ask to return the watch.
I won't purchase from that site again if that ever happens to me.
I love the site, but I don't know it could be the person did not throughly inspect =(
@infatuatedbby That site is a shopping site with different sellers like eBay? if it is then i won't purchase from the same seller. I'm really strict when it comes to those things because I have a very high standard for customer service. What has happened to you is like cheating and that wouldn't make me trust that seller or even the site anymore. There are sites that guarantees the product being sold and also the sellers as well.
@toniganzon Oh no not like eBay. It is a department store. I have never purchased from eBay.
@sjvg1976 (18386)
May be the stores left with the defective pieces so sent you .
Not quite sure but I am sure it is a refunded bag
@sjvg1976 (18386)
@infatuatedbby hmmm..That's strange they didn't return that purse to the manufacturer
@sjvg1976 Maybe they hoped the customer who purchasing it (me) isn't that picky =P
@JustBhem (37513)
• Davao, Philippines
This is what happen when we buy online. I am a reseller and having a guaranteed good products. I will check them first before sending it to my customer. If there is a damage I will return it right away.
I bought it from a department store. I also sell my stuff online and I guarantee my stuff as authentic. I don't sell any electronics but if I do (rarely) I show pictures clearly and it works!
@JustBhem (37513)
• Davao, Philippines
@infatuatedbby I see. We need to make our product authentic and good so that customer will like it and will come for us.
@JustBhem Most definitely that is correct!!
@Tina30219 (34266)
• Onaway, Michigan
Sorry to hear you had to return it but at least you got a new purse hope it was better.
It was a hassle but it worked out =)
@Tina30219 (34266)
• Onaway, Michigan
@infatuatedbby Sorry to hear it was a hassle but glad everything worked out for you.
@Tina30219 Thank you!