No Show: What Will You Feel?

I am not sure with you guys. I don't like waiting for someone in certain places. It is worst if the person is NO SHOW with the given time. There are some people who cannot understand that time is so precious. If no show, I felt being disrespected. It would be fine if this person can call ahead of time, then there is no need to prepare and set off from home, Did you experience this? Image Credit: pixabay.com
• Pamplona, Spain
That is just the reason why I gave giving Classes up as I could not combine waiting around for someone who was late then rings you for him to go another day and then the next day does the same again. I had a lot of jobs to do in the House like my Sons were still at home and going to work so I could not be there and waiting around for them. I don´t blame you if you went home.
It is so bad. I guess teaching online is an advantage while having tutorial services personally. If the online is student, you are still being paid.
• Pamplona, Spain
@Shavkat Hope they don´t keep doing that I would give them up for sure.
@lovinangelsinstead21 Uhm It is not possible because it is in the system.
Quite a number of times.
It is sad that people do this a couple of times.
@ridingbet (34741)
did you have an experience about a no-show person?
I did have a couple times experienced such situation.lol
@ridingbet (34741)
@Shavkat and we who work in health care facilities, are ever patient, right? have you lost your patience waiting for someone who does not come at all, and yet you were promised?
@ridingbet I am not sure. I was thinking that my uncle didn't get married. I think it runs in the family.
• Lakewood, Colorado
I do not recall exactly, but I am sure this happened to me a few times many years ago. I am not patient with no show or even late. Prompt and on time is very respectful to me.
This is also what I tell people if having an appointment. I don't want to wait. Some of my friends did this before. After the incident, I never wanted to commit an appointment with them.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@Shavkat Yes it puts me off their timing anymore Shavkat. I have an appt every two weeks and the professional is always late never on time, I have no respect for them.
@TiarasOceanView When I was still working in my previous jobs, I confronted my colleagues who do this. I am like a raging bull.
@manasamanu (3756)
• Bangalore, India
Yeah a lot of times, my friends called me to the bus stop and made me wait for a long time till they showed up. Once or twice we can say okay but not everytime. It makes us sick.
If I am in your position, I would rather go ahead than waiting. It seems that these people don't know the value of time.
• Bangalore, India
@Shavkat Yeah they don't still they are my friends and hence I waited.
@manasamanu That's good. You are really a friend.
If a person is late or is a no-show after 15 minutes time has passed, I leave. I do not wait for those who think their time is more valuable than mine.
I agree. I can't wait for long. Next time, these people cannot have another chance.
• Pamplona, Spain
@Shavkat Its sort of like a Shop they are only open certain hours so if they respect that they should respect other people also.
@lovinangelsinstead21 I agree. It should be on time in having commitment with someone.
@jobelbojel (4316)
Very disappointing. I hate people not showing up on a scheduled meeting.
It is really mindblowing in dealing with these people.
@Shavkat so true. I don't like to wait.
@jobelbojel That's the reason why I choose some people who could be on time.
@diosabella (4844)
Did someone stood you? I'm fine with late but being stood, is another matter. We have mobile phones now. Its easy to message and call if a person is running late or not coming at all. And I like to set the place. I don't like waiting in places I'm not comfortable with.
Some close friends had done this before. I cannot tolerate this.
@Shavkat If they don't have a good reason they wont be close friends anymore. And there's gonna be hell to pay.
It is possible to be late but no show is very terrible. I will get mad to it. But at first I might wonder whether this person met an accident and therefore he/she didn't show up.
There is a possibility that a person might be late or got an accident. But then, this person can manage to send SMS or call if he or she will not be on time.
@mythociate (13759)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Not everyone can totally control where they'll be or when they'll be there. That's why--whenever I expect someone to meet me somewhere--I make it more 'I'll be there doing something fun, and you can join me,' than "I'll wait until you're there, and then the fun'll start.'
It really tests your patience on this. But I agree that we can divert ourselves into something while waiting them.