Do you think depression is a joke?

If your answer to that question is "yes," you should reevaluate your concepts. I have been reading some reports about a stupid game that puts people's lives (especially children and teenagers) at risk by performing absurd tasks that involve harming other people's lives (including their own lives). The name of the game is "Blue Whale" and it proposes the challenge of 50 tasks, where the culmination is the suicide of the player. Suicide is an extremely serious disease, it's not fashion, it's not a joke, it's not silly... Don't underestimate something you've never felt or that you know nothing about it. Help (that's what people with depression need )! Have you ever had or know someone who has had depression?
Most people these days have depression. Just some havent been diagnosed so they dont think they do, or they dont admit that they do. Well, i have it and although i dont want to have it, im not going to pretend i dont.
@cacay1 (27695)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Courtlynn Maybe because they can manage their feelings.
@cacay1 i can manage mine too. But I'm not afraid to admit that I have it.
@bluesa (5985)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Depression is no joke...I battled through it a few years ago and it was a tough battle, I work every day to make sure I don't sink into it again! It is disturbing that there are games like Blue Whale out there @TheInvisibleMan .
@cacay1 (27695)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@bluesa , I congratulate you for being a tough lady seldom seen from others.
@bluesa (5985)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@cacay1 thank you, it wasn't easy but we have to be strong in life.
@manasamanu (3453)
• Bangalore, India
My friend sometimes goes to depression when she feels bad and thinks that we are abandoning her. But no worries she is fine now, and is doing good.
@cacay1 (27695)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@manasamanu That is nice to your friend fighting for that killer feeling.
• Bangalore, India
@cacay1 Ha she's a drama queen sometimes. I and the other friends were secretly trying to know what was going on in her mind. So we could figure out something to help her(actually help ourselves from not going into depression).
@ragikutty (2478)
• Kerala, India
No, depression is a serious issue. If not found and treated at right times it will harm the person severely. Sometimes I get so depressed and mood out for few days, then I will go and take online tests to determine depression
@cacay1 (27695)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@ragikutty , It is certainly not a joke, I hope you won't anymore get depressed.
@ragikutty (2478)
• Kerala, India
@cacay1 Thank you. I always try not to get idle time. I try to engage myself in something or the other.
@Mass_Sonu (1270)
It's not a joke & not a taboo too. People should be free to talk about this. I too have bouts of depression.
@cacay1 (27695)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Mass_Sonu Depression may attack anyone if at the brink of too much problem and despair. I am happy you are well now.
@Mass_Sonu (1270)
@cacay1 Thank you
It is very serious. I know many people who suffer from depression.
@cacay1 (27695)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Happy2BeMe, in our city one student so depressed jumped from 3rd floor to first floor of the mall because he cannot graduate.One teacher failed him and cannot give him consideration as a graduating student. He supposed to graduate last month but landed 6 ft. blow the ground.
@cacay1 Oh my that is so sad and tragic. That teacher must feel really bad even though it was their fault.
@FourWalls (6890)
Yes, I have depression. No, it is no joke.
@cacay1 (27695)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@FourWalls ,certainly not a joke, it kills.
@OreoBrownie (3292)
• Winder, Georgia
I suffer from depression and it's no joke. I take a high dose of medicine for it.
@cacay1 (27695)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@OreoBrownie Oh sorry to hear about your tough days. You are a very strong person for you fought that killer feeling though the right medication.
@LeaPea2417 (10576)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Wow, I have not heard of that game "Blue Whale". That is scary and sad. I know one person who I think may have depression.
@cacay1 (27695)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
That is a very scary game.
@Sambriel (430)
@TheInvisibleMan yep! I knew couple of'em and its joke at all!
@cacay1 (27695)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Absolutely no joke. I knew one woman who suffered from it.
@cacay1 (27695)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@DianneN , That feeling certainly kills the victim if not cured.
@nanette64 (10278)
• Fairfield, Texas
I don't personally know any one with depression @TheInvisibleMan . I come from a different era though where every excuse in the book was not used to deal with life. I was raped at age 4 and 11 and had a brutal upbringing. I had a spouse that beat me for 17 1/2 years. So if anybody should have depression it would be me. However, I don't believe that bad things that happen is an excuse. There is something called "Intestinal Fortitude"; which means guts. Everyone has the capability to deal with issues, it's just a choice on whether or not to do it.
• Lakewood, Colorado
I just saw this at the side of the discussions you know..I could not help but notice this pic..I am the whale lol No depression is not a joke though.
depression can be c aused by an imbalance in he body from whaat I have read and is very serious not funny not a joke so I do not laugh at people who are depressed at all.
@silvermist (12413)
@TheInvisibleMan That is no joke.It is serious.People with depression need understanding and help.I have not heard about that game.I do not like the game.
@ShifaLk (7084)
No way
• Pamplona, Spain
I have not heard about that Game and its very sad for them to make a Game like that. The end of the Game should be for them to celebrate life and not try to end it. I have had a slight Depression a Post Natal one and believe me it can really get you and leave you down for a long long time. I pulled out of it. But it is really sad to read about things like that Game they have made.