How many ways can you throw something?

I was at work last night. That was strange in and of itself because it's been some weeks since I've worked third shift, having acclimated to the later part of second, early part of third shift. I survived it though, and was able to keep awake the entirety of the night with constant busy work. That is neither here nor there in regards to what I am talking about here. I was in the break room when I came across a sign on the employee fridge. I won't upload the picture that I took, half out of laziness and half because the paper it is written on would divulge the exact store I work for... With that being said, someone (most likely the HBA lady or scan office lady) posted a notice, as follows: "Please Label and Date the food you put in the fridge will be throwed away after one week" I, the sarcastic person I am, marked out "throwed" and put "thrown is the past tense of throw." I am not sure how it will be received, nor do I care how. It may not even be noticed by the person who wrote the sign. That brings me to my question.. .How many tenses of "throw" are there? Well there's Thrown (as I mentioned), then there is threw. I had a bit of an argument with someone about whether "Throwed" was an actual word. I believe it to be, but it wasn't correct in the sentence above. "It will be thrown away" would work for the above statement, if one was to add the word it. As it were, they put "will be" and so without adding a word "thrown" would be better to replace "throwed." "Threw" wouldn't work at all in this sentence because "threw" suggests an already completed action. "Thrown" is also past tense but can denote an action yet to be completed... No, I am not a grammatical genius. I may not be completely right here in my assessment, however, I still believe "Throwed" to be the wrong word here. What say you? (I know I over analyze too much)
I pick apart so many signs or memos that are sent our way at work. Not often do I carry a pen into the bathroom though, so I can't correct the memos that are posted there. LOL.
We have no memos posted in our bathrooms... Well, there was one several years ago, on the toilet paper roll no less.. I can't remember what it said, but it wasn't one that needed to be corrected either. I did my correcting on Thursday Night. I worked Saturday but didn't think to check. I work today, however, and will go to the back to check if my editing is still there.
@ScribbledAdNauseum I'd be interested in seeing if the original was left or changed out with the proper wording.
@LeaPea2417 (11731)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Throwed is the wrong word in that sentence. Thrown is right.
A mighty fine irregular verb it is.
Conjugate the English verb throw: indicative, past tense, participle, present perfect, gerund, conjugation models and irregular verbs
• Lakewood, Colorado
Ha I think what you did was spot on!! Maybe this will get some notice then.
I imagine it was the same person, who several months back, posted a notice about the t.v. remote. I can not remember the error there, but they had made one all the same.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@ScribbledAdNauseum Sneaky little sod ..hehehe
• Manitou Springs, Colorado
I thought of four ways right off the bat, but they involve actually throwing things.
Well there are a lot of handy things to throw in the breakroom at work.. Coffee Maker, Microwave, all manner of plastic cutlery.... I've been known to WANT to throw things at management sometimes...
@UncleJoe (6909)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Maybe you could compromise and say "Threwn", but I'm with you. There is no such word as "throwed" "Thrown would be the only correct usage. Perhaps she was referring to the ebonics version, "trowed".
There is really no telling. "Throwed" is thrown around quite a bit around here, but saying it (even if it isn't correct) and writing it are still two different things.
Throw, threw, thrown, throwing, throws. Throwed is not a word I have ever used, or heard used. Which is not to say it isn't a word, but it's not a word which could be commonly used without sounding a little weird, because we're not used to hearing it. As a Grammar Nazi I would have corrected the whole sentence {if it is as you typed!} We have a similar note on our fridge at work, but it's a little more passive aggressive!
I copied it verbatim. I like to think myself a grammar nazi but I don't self proclaim to aloud as I know I tend to miss a few key rules in grammar.
@responsiveme (11923)
I always see the mistakes too but signs go on blithely making them. There seems to be puncutations missing too. There's the Panda joke on punctuation.
Yes punctuation was missing. The sentence itself was broken up in several parts as a means to get the whole thing on the small paper they printed it on.